Please Help Wildlife Rehab Center!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sofficat

AU CVM c/o 11
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Sorry for the 'chain mail' format to this, but I really need everyone's help on this.

I am asking for just 2 minutes of your time to potentially change the life of someone very special to me. One of the first experiences I had with wildlife (which is why I am currently in vet school) was with a wonderful wildlife rehab lady in Ft. Pierce, Florida. She introduced me to so many great things and really let me experience what it is like to be involved in rehabilitation. Well, she is now one of the top finalists in Animal Planet's Hero of the Year! The top winner gets $10,000 for their rehab center.
PLEASE take 30 seconds, go to this website http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/poll/poll.html
click on WYNN BURNS and submit your vote. She literally changed my life (my personal statement for admissions was a story about her rehab center!). PLEASE help change hers!
Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just casted my vote for her.:luck:

Done. She's in 2nd tho....got some catching up to do!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump!

Looks like you can vote everyday at least.... I think if you change the cookies on your computer you can vote over and over again, correct me if I'm wrong- not really a big computer person here!

nm

Last edited:
Voted!...

Cheska- unless (and since this is AP, I doubt they are) the people conducting the poll didn't install software that monitors your unique IP address and prevent double voting, then you would be correct. Otherwise, my suspicion is, becuase there is a lot of money at stake, they did invest the proper resources to thwart artful people like yourself.

Edit-P.S. Cheska is that a GSP?

LOL.. thx, we had done the cookie thingy when my sister in law was trying out for cheerleading and they had a poll for voting for your favorite, thought it was worth a shot here!

Nope, not a GSP, looks like one in some pics though! Danny was a rescue off the Navajo Reservation.... a heeler mix really, but I like to call him a "Navajo Trash Hound" since we found him rooting through a dumpster!

I noticed all the finalists are women. Cool!

well.... looks like Beasley has got more umph than we do. she went from 4400 to 5600 in just a day and a half. Wynn is up to 2500 from 2186.
Thanks for all the support, I know Wynn really appreciates it.

I just found out that the winner also gets a trip for 2 to hawaii and if Wynn wins she would sell the trip to make get more money for her animals!!! WHAT AN AWESOME WOMAN!!!

btw... you can only vote once and it closes Oct 8.... tell all of your friends!!! we can still make a difference!!