Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 2 gen chem questions - I can't get the same answer that was given as correct answer. Can somebody please show me how to do these 2? I will be eternally in your debt.
1.When the following oxidation-reduction reaction is balanced, what is the correct stoichiometric coefficient for Sn+2?
Sn2+ + H+ +Cr2O72- > Sn4+ + Cr3+ + H2O
(the answer is supposed to be 3)
2. If a solution which is initially 1.00M in compound X undergoes a decomposition reaction for 20.0 sec. @ average rate of 0.020 mol/l.sec, the new concentration of X will be:
(the answer is supposed to be .60M)
Many thanks.
1.When the following oxidation-reduction reaction is balanced, what is the correct stoichiometric coefficient for Sn+2?
Sn2+ + H+ +Cr2O72- > Sn4+ + Cr3+ + H2O
(the answer is supposed to be 3)
2. If a solution which is initially 1.00M in compound X undergoes a decomposition reaction for 20.0 sec. @ average rate of 0.020 mol/l.sec, the new concentration of X will be:
(the answer is supposed to be .60M)
Many thanks.