Please help with financial lingo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Margo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Could someone help me with with financial lingo that is driving me crazy?
Restricted Stock Units converted to Genussscheine (GS)?? RSUs, S-SARs, combination?? RSU vesting?
I am an MD PhD working for a biotech company, in R&D. Periodically getting notifications about my options or instructions to do something with my stocks.
I admit that I am financially clueless. Never had any stocks. I tried calling EquatePlus customer support, but it is like we are speaking different languages. Did not help much. I personally do not like feeling stupid :) I do in this scenario, however. Will greatly appreciate a few pointers how to bridge the gap in my financial knowledge.
Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I learn about financial stuff by just googling terms I don't know. Not trying to be rude. I literally googled what you wrote "Restricted Stock Units converted to Genussscheine" and got several useful hits. Sounds like Genussscheine is a Germany specific form of stock compensation.

Hello! Could someone help me with with financial lingo that is driving me crazy?
Restricted Stock Units converted to Genussscheine (GS)?? RSUs, S-SARs, combination?? RSU vesting?
I am an MD PhD working for a biotech company, in R&D. Periodically getting notifications about my options or instructions to do something with my stocks.
I admit that I am financially clueless. Never had any stocks. I tried calling EquatePlus customer support, but it is like we are speaking different languages. Did not help much. I personally do not like feeling stupid :) I do in this scenario, however. Will greatly appreciate a few pointers how to bridge the gap in my financial knowledge.
Thanks so much.
Try posting to the FatFire subreddit on reddit.com

We're probably the most clueless to these things as most docs income are only W2 , 1099 / self employed