Please Help With Gpa Calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Smittyballz

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would really appreciate it if someone would compute my GPA as it would appear on the applications DO and MD. I have spent endless hours and always come up with different #'s because different people tell me different ways to compute the GPA. I am loooking for it as it will appear on my applications. I have repeated classes that I did not do well in so it makes it more complicated because I took them at different colleges. Also I took some time off from school so it took me longer than 4 years. So I don't know what year these grades go towards? Thanks So Much This is huge for me. I wish I had a premed advisor to help me with this....
WESTFIELD STATE COLLEGE
FALL 1998 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
CRJU 101 Intro to Criminal Justice D+ 3.0 3.9
ENGL 101 Comp I: Race,Class,Gndr D+ 3.0 3.9
MATH 115 Math for BUS-Soc Sci C+ 3.0 6.9
MUSC 110 Basic Music Theory W 3.0 0.0
POLS 103 State and Local Govt C- 3.0 5.1

SPRING 1999 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
CRJU 201 Law Enforcement & Society A- 3.0 11.1
ENGL 102 English Comp II D 3.0 3.0
GARP 101 World Regional Geography C- 3.0 5.1
MATH 111 Math Applications W 3.0 0.0
MUSC 160 History of Jazz B 3.0 9.0

FALL 1999 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ART 106 Art Survey 1 C 3.0 6.0
CRJU 205 Amer Judicial Systems W 3.0 0.0
Econ 102 Prin of Micro economics C 3.0 6.0
GARP 102 Physical Geography W/Lab F 4.0 0.0
PSYC 101 Intro to Psychology C+ 3.0 6.9

SPRING 2000 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
Econ 101 Prin of Microeconomics B 3.0 9.0
Math 108 Elementary Statistics C 3.0 6.0
MGMT 104 Prin of Accounting 1 W 3.0 0.0
MGMT 107 Software App In Mgmt F 3.0 0.0
PSYC 202 Child Psychology D 3.0 3.0

FALL 2000 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
BIOL 104 Human Biology D 4.0 4.0
ECON 305 Intro to Econometric Methods C- 3.0 5.1
ECON 314 Industrial Org. B 3.0 9.0
Econ 315 Public Finance B 3.0 9.0
ENGL 215 Major American Writers D 3.0 3.0

Total Institution:Attempted/Passed/Earned/GPA Hours/Quality Points/ GPA/
/65.00 /58.00/58.00 /65.00 / 115.00 /1.769/
QUINCY COLLEGE
FALL 2002 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ENGL 101 English Comp I(repeat) A 3.0 12.0
PHL 101 Intro Philosophy B+ 3.0 9.9
PSY 103 Child Develop(repeat) B+ 3.0 9.9
Soc 101 Gen Sociology B+ 3.0 9.9

SPRING 2003 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
EDU 101 Intro to ECE A 3.0 12.0
ENG 102 English Comp II(repeat) A 3.0 12.0
ENG 111 Speech A- 3.0 11.1
SCI 121 Human Body B 3.0 9.0

Total Institution:Attempted/Passed/Earned/GPA Hours/Quality Points/ GPA/
24 /24 / 24 / 24 / 85.80 / 3.575/

BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE
FALL 2003 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
HI 111 Western Civiliz To Reformation A 3.0 12.0
PY 252 Psychology of Learning A 3.0 12.0
PY 355 Behavior Analysis A 3.0 12.0
PY 370 Abnormal Psychology C 3.0 6.0

SPRING 2004 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ML 102 Intro Informat Resources B+ 1.0 3.3
PY 227 Devel Through Life Cycle A- 3.0 11.1
PY 310 Social Psychology A 3.0 12.00
PY 321 Psych-Human Differences A- 3.0 11.1
PY 369 Psych of Criminal Behav A 3.0 12.0

MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SUMMER 2004(applied to FALL2004) GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY
ENGL 211 World Lit I B 3.0 9.0
BIOL 121 Biological Prin. (Repeat??) A 4.0 16.0

Bridgewater State College
FALL 2004 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY
GE 196 Environmental Geography(Repeat??) A 3 12.0
PY 320 Research Methods in Psychology A- 3 11.1
PY 360 Psychology of Personality A 3 12.0
SE 203 Cultural Divers Issue A 3 12.0
 
Smittyballz said:
I would really appreciate it if someone would compute my GPA as it would appear on the applications DO and MD. I have spent endless hours and always come up with different #'s because different people tell me different ways to compute the GPA. I am loooking for it as it will appear on my applications. I have repeated classes that I did not do well in so it makes it more complicated because I took them at different colleges. Also I took some time off from school so it took me longer than 4 years. So I don't know what year these grades go towards? Thanks So Much This is huge for me. I wish I had a premed advisor to help me with this....
WESTFIELD STATE COLLEGE
FALL 1998 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
CRJU 101 Intro to Criminal Justice D+ 3.0 3.9
ENGL 101 Comp I: Race,Class,Gndr D+ 3.0 3.9
MATH 115 Math for BUS-Soc Sci C+ 3.0 6.9
MUSC 110 Basic Music Theory W 3.0 0.0
POLS 103 State and Local Govt C- 3.0 5.1

SPRING 1999 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
CRJU 201 Law Enforcement & Society A- 3.0 11.1
ENGL 102 English Comp II D 3.0 3.0
GARP 101 World Regional Geography C- 3.0 5.1
MATH 111 Math Applications W 3.0 0.0
MUSC 160 History of Jazz B 3.0 9.0

FALL 1999 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ART 106 Art Survey 1 C 3.0 6.0
CRJU 205 Amer Judicial Systems W 3.0 0.0
Econ 102 Prin of Micro economics C 3.0 6.0
GARP 102 Physical Geography W/Lab F 4.0 0.0
PSYC 101 Intro to Psychology C+ 3.0 6.9

SPRING 2000 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
Econ 101 Prin of Microeconomics B 3.0 9.0
Math 108 Elementary Statistics C 3.0 6.0
MGMT 104 Prin of Accounting 1 W 3.0 0.0
MGMT 107 Software App In Mgmt F 3.0 0.0
PSYC 202 Child Psychology D 3.0 3.0

FALL 2000 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
BIOL 104 Human Biology D 4.0 4.0
ECON 305 Intro to Econometric Methods C- 3.0 5.1
ECON 314 Industrial Org. B 3.0 9.0
Econ 315 Public Finance B 3.0 9.0
ENGL 215 Major American Writers D 3.0 3.0

Total Institution:Attempted/Passed/Earned/GPA Hours/Quality Points/ GPA/
/65.00 /58.00/58.00 /65.00 / 115.00 /1.769/
QUINCY COLLEGE
FALL 2002 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ENGL 101 English Comp I(repeat) A 3.0 12.0
PHL 101 Intro Philosophy B+ 3.0 9.9
PSY 103 Child Develop(repeat) B+ 3.0 9.9
Soc 101 Gen Sociology B+ 3.0 9.9

SPRING 2003 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
EDU 101 Intro to ECE A 3.0 12.0
ENG 102 English Comp II(repeat) A 3.0 12.0
ENG 111 Speech A- 3.0 11.1
SCI 121 Human Body B 3.0 9.0

Total Institution:Attempted/Passed/Earned/GPA Hours/Quality Points/ GPA/
24 /24 / 24 / 24 / 85.80 / 3.575/

BRIDGEWATER STATE COLLEGE
FALL 2003 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
HI 111 Western Civiliz To Reformation A 3.0 12.0
PY 252 Psychology of Learning A 3.0 12.0
PY 355 Behavior Analysis A 3.0 12.0
PY 370 Abnormal Psychology C 3.0 6.0

SPRING 2004 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY POINTS
ML 102 Intro Informat Resources B+ 1.0 3.3
PY 227 Devel Through Life Cycle A- 3.0 11.1
PY 310 Social Psychology A 3.0 12.00
PY 321 Psych-Human Differences A- 3.0 11.1
PY 369 Psych of Criminal Behav A 3.0 12.0

MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SUMMER 2004(applied to FALL2004) GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY
ENGL 211 World Lit I B 3.0 9.0
BIOL 121 Biological Prin. (Repeat??) A 4.0 16.0

Bridgewater State College
FALL 2004 GRADE /CREDIT HOURS /QUALITY
GE 196 Environmental Geography(Repeat??) A 3 12.0
PY 320 Research Methods in Psychology A- 3 11.1
PY 360 Psychology of Personality A 3 12.0
SE 203 Cultural Divers Issue A 3 12.0

Someone already calculated this for you on the postbac board, I believe. Not sure why you subsequently posted the same request on a couple of additional boards. If your real question, as indicated there, is "what are your chances", I would continue to say you'd have to take the rest of the prerequisites and MCAT first before anyone can give you a decent assessment. Not inconceivable from what you've done so far, but too soon to tell.
 
Law2Doc said:
Someone already calculated this for you on the postbac board, I believe. Not sure why you subsequently posted the same request on a couple of additional boards. If your real question, as indicated there, is "what are your chances", I would continue to say you'd have to take the rest of the prerequisites and MCAT first before anyone can give you a decent assessment. Not inconceivable from what you've done so far, but too soon to tell.
My intentions where to get more people to help me calculate this so that I could at the least learn how to do this. I have searched for hours and still no luck in knowing exactly the right way to do this. Thanks for the advice 🙂