Please Help With Recommendation Letter!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STAR3URY

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be completing my Pharmcas this summer. I work in a pharmacy but my pharmacist doesn't have the time to write me a recommendation. She said just write it yourself and i will sign it. I know you have to submit it online so what im gonna do, she said, is bring a lap top to work and she will submit it there. But i still have to type it up myself. I dont know what to type, someone please help. I would gladly appreciate if any one has a copy of their old one. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be completing my Pharmcas this summer. I work in a pharmacy but my pharmacist doesn't have the time to write me a recommendation. She said just write it yourself and i will sign it. I know you have to submit it online so what im gonna do, she said, is bring a lap top to work and she will submit it there. But i still have to type it up myself. I dont know what to type, someone please help. I would gladly appreciate if any one has a copy of their old one. :scared:

Asking people for their old letters...don't go there buddy.:smuggrin:

When you fill in your application in PharmCAS, you have to add the email addresses of your referees unless the referee wants to do the LOR on paper. In that case you have to print the page and give it to your refree to mail in. You will get a link to print the letter. It automatically prints your personal information (name and address etc) on it. The electronic LOR's are faster and recommended. The LOR page mainly has checkmarks. I think it could be done in 10 mins. You don't have to write a long letter.

Here is my suggestion. Add you referees' emails in the application. They will get an email from PharmCAS asking them to complete the LOR. There will be a link given for your specific application. When your Pharmacist gets the email, he/she will open it and you or he/she can follow the procedure to complete it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a similar situation. I went to my English Literature teacher for help, because I had no idea what to write!!!
You might want to do the same: talk to your teachers who wrote LORs before!!!

Good luck!
:luck: