Please help:)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any biochemistry on the real DAT, for example asking for those crazy amino acid structure like they did in TS? Also, what about the experiment part in Kaplan, I ignored them completely haha. :D Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I avent even taken bio chem...didnt see any biochem on the real test. I didnt get any experiment problems...but you should just understand the main concepts from them...if you have the kaplan flashcards you should use those for the o chem section...they helped me REALLY well....

hey prof-chaos. there's some basic biochem on the real thing. Just study it out the Kaplan materials and you'll knock it dead. I think the hardest concept is with the glucose molecules or something like that. goodluck!

yes, I would know all the steps of cellular respiration

I took biochem and it was helpful on at least one question, which is significant if you are shooting for a top score. I dont think AA structure would be on there. But I didnt write the test, so I suppose anything is possible.

-P

Profchaos said:
Are there any biochemistry on the real DAT, for example asking for those crazy amino acid structure like they did in TS? Also, what about the experiment part in Kaplan, I ignored them completely haha. :D Thanks in advance.

No, there's no crazy biochem questions. I did have one that asked me what charge placement a generic amino acid, at neutral pH, would have. This is generally covered towards the end of organic chemistry, and as I recall, is in Kaplan. I think that this is the only type of biochemistry you will encounter. Best of luck!