• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Please help...

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Toronto, Centre of Canada
    hotandsexy said:
    Hello,
    I would like to know if there's someone rejected after interview from Columbia University, or being put on a waitlist, if so please list your stats here. Thank you :love:

well if you are hot and sexy, you shouldnt have a problem. Did you show McManus some cleavage? Im sure that wouldve secured a spot for ya!

hotandsexy said:
    Hello,
    I would like to know if there's someone rejected after interview from Columbia University, or being put on a waitlist, if so please list your stats here. Thank you :love:

Not sure if this helps...But I got rejected by Columbia, without even getting an interview. My stats are as listed in my signature. Also if u are hot and sexy, lets see some proof! LOL jk. Good luck with Columbia. What are your stats?

About the Ads

hotandsexy

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 3, 2005
      lunguv said:
      OK. Well, then you should be good. Your score is a 22? I got a 22 also on RC ;). What does that mean, did you get 22 on every section, AA, or PAT? hehe break it down for me!

Ok, let me lay it down here. AA 22, TS 20, PAT 20. GPA is 3.4 :)

hotandsexy said:
      Ok, let me lay it down here. AA 22, TS 20, PAT 20. GPA is 3.4 :)

Daamn. You did lay it down!! Very nice scores. I would imagine that is good enough for columbia, or atleast borderline! I dont understand, how did u get a 20 pat, u are a female...i was told u guys cant manuever 3d objects in your heads!! SIGH :( (JK)

Tzips

Chocoholic
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Nov 10, 2004
      Peering around the corner...
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        lunguv said:
        Daamn. You did lay it down!! Very nice scores. I would imagine that is good enough for columbia, or atleast borderline! I dont understand, how did u get a 20 pat, u are a female...i was told u guys cant manuever 3d objects in your heads!! SIGH :( (JK)

Anyone who has ever planned a sleeping-baby-from-carseat extraction knows that isn't true - one has to plot out all the steps beforehand, so as to minimize the screaming. Or maybe you just let your neighbors suffer :D. And please don't tell me that it was your dad who managed to cram five suitcases' worth of stuff in three duffles and a carryon on the family vacations. ;)

hotandsexy

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Feb 3, 2005
          lunguv said:
          No Comment :rolleyes:

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Dec 26, 2004
            lunguv howcome you got rejected from temple with those stats? Im just started my pre-reqs and I think im might have similar stats in the end to yours and I want to go to temple. I have seen a lot of people get in with those stats though.... Did u ever find out why they rejected you?

JohnDoeDDS said:
            lunguv howcome you got rejected from temple with those stats? Im just started my pre-reqs and I think im might have similar stats in the end to yours and I want to go to temple. I have seen a lot of people get in with those stats though.... Did u ever find out why they rejected you?

I honestly think it has something to do with the fact that I applied so late. I imagine Temple is rolling admission, so there were probably very few spots by the time they looked at my application (sometime in late november). This is the reason I got rejected from Penn without an interview, I was told If I would have applied earlier I would atleast have gotten an interview. I suggest you send your app in may/june. I sent mine the beggginging of september.

About the Ads

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Oct 26, 2004
              hotandsexy said:
              Please don't get off topic :confused: Anybody knows, please share your information :)

I have an interview soon in Feb, and it seemed liked there were a lot a lot a lot of people accepted by Columbia already, which makes me nervous, at the same time confused why they had offered so many spots away.

hotandsexy

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Feb 3, 2005
                Profchaos said:
                I have an interview soon in Feb, and it seemed liked there were a lot a lot a lot of people accepted by Columbia already, which makes me nervous, at the same time confused why they had offered so many spots away.
                I too am nervous. C'mon, guys, please give a hand and I need this information :cool:

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
                Removed
                15+ Year Member
                Sep 1, 2003
                  hotandsexy said:
                  I too am nervous. C'mon, guys, please give a hand and I need this information :cool:

You may be hot and sexy, but you are also very annoying. What do you want anyone to say? "Dont worry, you'll get in"??? How the hell are they gonna know that? Only the Columbia adcom knows your fate, not any SDN member. Just do something to relax and stop being a spaz.

Tzips

Chocoholic
                  10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Nov 10, 2004
                  Peering around the corner...
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    hotandsexy said:

If it helps any, I think I'm sending in my rejection letter on Monday - maybe you can call them and say that you'll be taking my place, instead. ;)

When was your interview? Have you heard anything from them?

Dr.BadVibes said:
                    You may be hot and sexy, but you are also very annoying. What do you want anyone to say? "Dont worry, you'll get in"??? How the hell are they gonna know that? Only the Columbia adcom knows your fate, not any SDN member. Just do something to relax and stop being a spaz.

hey now lets not be mean! :rolleyes:

hotandsexy

10+ Year Member
                    5+ Year Member
                    Feb 3, 2005
                      Dr.BadVibes said:

Yeah, like I'm the annoying one. I've actually read a lil about your history and your particular "interest" in criticizing Columbia, Dr, I think truely you are the annoying one on SDN, and most people would agree with that. :mad:

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
                      Removed
                      15+ Year Member
                      Sep 1, 2003
                        hotandsexy said:
                        Yeah, like I'm the annoying one. I've actually read a lil about your history and your particular "interest" in criticizing Columbia, Dr, I think truely you are the annoying one on SDN, and most people would agree with that. :mad:

Hmmm, with a self-proclaimed nickname like "hot and sexy" and spazzing about getting into Columbia for life or death, Im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and assume that you are simply a superficial, shallow princess bitch that is only dying to get into Columbia because of its name. You can say Im wrong, but I know Im right.

hotandsexy

10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Feb 3, 2005
                          Dr.BadVibes said:
                          Hmmm, with a self-proclaimed nickname like "hot and sexy" and spazzing about getting into Columbia for life or death, Im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and assume that you are simply a superficial, shallow princess bitch that is only dying to get into Columbia because of its name. You can say Im wrong, but I know Im right.

Whatever you say, I'm gonna end any further discussion with you because I know you don't have the intelligence to notice how annoying you are. In fact you are the superficial shallow one, who likes to argue and screw up the threads. I think, we are going to have to call you Dr.MadVibes, simply another loser jealous of others.

About the Ads
                          hotandsexy said:
                          Whatever you say, I'm gonna end any further discussion with you because I know you don't have the intelligence to notice how annoying you are. In fact you are the superficial shallow one, who likes to argue and screw up the threads. I think, we are going to have to call you Dr.MadVibes, simply another loser jealous of others.

Wow...that is hilarious ;). Why do you want to go to columbia so bad? I don't see whats so good about them personally. I know I only applied to see if I could get in, I never wanted to actually go there. That place sounds cut throat competitive...not my kind of style ;).

grinningrice

Clean your dentures!
                          10+ Year Member
                          Nov 5, 2004
                          Cleveland so does not rock....
                            hotandsexy said:
                            You dont need to be so hard on Dr. BadVibes. He does have a point, really you can really trust us SDNers so much. There really isnt much more for us to say than your scores are kick ass and your GPA is impressive. However, what kind of name is hot and sexy? If you really dont want people to go off topic you wouldnt pick such a username. Your gonna get so many ignorant comments about guys asking if you are hot and sexy.
                            BTW, lets not resort to name calling? Dr. Madvibes...wtf?

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
                            Removed
                            15+ Year Member
                            Sep 1, 2003
                              grinningrice said:
                              BTW, lets not resort to name calling? Dr. Madvibes...wtf?

I dunno grin...I was kinda taken by the incredibly clever name of Dr.MadVibes.....its on the same level as some other suggestions that I came up with.....how bout Dr.BadHives....or how bout Dr.SadLives.....how does one choose!! its like trying to buy peanut butter at the grocery store....just too many good options and variety!

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                              5+ Year Member
                              15+ Year Member
                              Jul 28, 2004
                                Dr.BadVibes said:
                                I dunno grin...I was kinda taken by the incredibly clever name of Dr.MadVibes.....its on the same level as some other suggestions that I came up with.....how bout Dr.BadHives....or how bout Dr.SadLives.....how does one choose!! its like trying to buy peanut butter at the grocery store....just too many good options and variety!

I just picked up 2 jars of Skippy smooth for a buck a jar. It was an easy choice.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                                5+ Year Member
                                15+ Year Member
                                Jul 28, 2004
                                  Dr.BadVibes said:
                                  well I guess if its on sale, it helps the choice....but if its not on sale theres smooth, crunchy, low fat, snickers, smores, etc. I might be alone on this, but I have a hard time choosing myself.

The smooth was for the wife, I'm a cruchy man myself. Just don't give me any of that organic crap, too oily and not enough taste.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  15+ Year Member
                                  Jul 28, 2004
                                    Dr.BadVibes said:
                                    Your wife has good taste! :D

I myself hate crunchy....its too busy for me....its like orange juice....its gotta be non-pulp for me....ughh, I just hate pulp.

You would get along with her great than. It has to be pulp free for her. Personally I love pulp, the more the better. As a matter of fact, you can keep the juice. What thread was this again??

PEN15

10+ Year Member
                                    5+ Year Member
                                    Jan 25, 2005
                                    Canada/Australia
                                    1. Medical Student
                                      I agree with what DrBadvibes said earlier in this meaningless thread. Hotandsexy needs to chill. If you're freaking out with stats like that then you're just going to make other people start to freak out and that's not cool.

Another vote for pulp :)

About the Ads

AUG2UAG

alize´& pomagranate juice
                                      10+ Year Member
                                      5+ Year Member
                                      Dec 7, 2004
                                      constitutional
                                        TucsonDDS said:
                                        Just don't give me any of that organic crap, too oily and not enough taste.
                                        trans fats are positively correlated to athrosclerosis [why? b/c they act like sat fats and may be oxidized like unsat fats-- eg oxidize LDL's -(lead to)-> CVD]
                                        btw, you can pour out the extra oil

hotsexy-
                                        dr.badvibes is a dental student and is more knowledgeable than other statements where the author is not as accomplished. i interviewed at columbia, the facilities are aweful, the school is friendly, yet, due to the undisputable fact that columbia univ school of physician and surgeons is so excellent (facilities and all) and that its students share classes with dental students, i would not be surprised if dental students feel neglected by basic science instructors, which by speaking with numerous students i feel they did. i do not like dr. mcmanus, but he and his staff, especially dr. davis, are all friendly and place max effort to portray their school as a laid back atmosphere. however, be careful of the statistics, such as 100% of one of the recent graduating classes getting into specialty because as dr.badvibes has previously pointed out military, aegd, and gpr sould not count in those figures because to us pre-dents specialty seems like ortho, endo, pedo, etc etc. with that said, columbia is a dental school, thus, an excellent place to become a dentist. as they specifically stated in the interview, they do not place great emphasis on gpa, however, the adcoms there view the dat as the great equalizer. therefore, to ensure a position at columbia you will need to score very well on the dat. at that point, you will be granted an interview to many schools and realize that what dr.badvibes is trying to say is there are other excellent schools and that the name of a school should not influence your decision making, if possible. dental schools are not ranked, no other dentist or dental specialty will care you went to columbia:
                                        toofache32 said:
                                        tx oms said:
                                        PS-don't count on an Ivy League dental education doing much for you in the way of opening doors to OMS
                                        Amen to that. I didn't know there were any "ivy league" dental schools. The boards are the "great equalizer" to compare people across schools.
                                        - this was followed by the columbia student defending columbia's record of scoring well on national board pt 1, hence, the great emphasis they place on your standardized test taking skills (aka dat) during admissions. ultimately, schools such as UCLA, UCSF, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and other state institutions are much much more challenging to secure a position at; maybe you could fool your patients, friends, and spouse, but you can't fool yourself.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                                        5+ Year Member
                                        15+ Year Member
                                        Jul 28, 2004
                                          AUG2UAG said:
                                          trans fats are positively correlated to athrosclerosis [why? b/c they act like sat fats and may be oxidized like unsat fats-- eg oxidize LDL's -(lead to)-> CVD]
                                          btw, you can pour out the extra oil

I know that it may be healthier but for the amount of peanut butter that I eat I think I can splurge on the artery clogging yumminess. Now ice cream is another strory. That **** is going to kill me some day. Lets all vote for Mint Chip :D :D :D :D

AUG2UAG

10+ Year Member
                                          5+ Year Member
                                          Dec 7, 2004
                                          constitutional
                                            TucsonDDS said:
                                            ... but for the amount of peanut butter that I eat I think I can splurge on the artery clogging yumminess.
                                            how can you compare the benefits yielded by plant oils versus partially hydrogenated vegetable oil? if you eat peanut butter regularly, i would highly suggest moving to the natural, non trans-fat product. the "organic" (aka non technologically altered) product will provide you alot of excellent nutrients, i would not be surprised if it is a great source of omega-6 fatty acid. regardless, the natural peanut butter will be rich in monounsaturated fats and nutrient rich. the only downside to the natural product is rancidity, in other words, the product will spoil sooner than the partially hydrogenated oil counterpart, which is the only reason that stuff was created in the first place. ice cream is completely different because the source of fat is animal, hence, it will be full of saturated fat; (also) be careful of "fat-free" because they'll substitute sugar for fat and make you more high risk for type II diabetes, all for the same amount of Calories.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                                            5+ Year Member
                                            15+ Year Member
                                            Jul 28, 2004
                                              AUG2UAG said:
                                              how can you compare the benefits yielded by plant oils versus partially hydrogenated vegetable oil? if you eat peanut butter regularly, i would highly suggest moving to the natural, non trans-fat product. the "organic" (aka non technologically altered) product will provide you alot of excellent nutrients, i would not be surprised if it is a great source of omega-6 fatty acid. regardless, the natural peanut butter will be rich in monounsaturated fats and nutrient rich. the only downside to the natural product is rancidity, in other words, the product will spoil sooner than the partially hydrogenated oil counterpart, which is the only reason that stuff was created in the first place. ice cream is completely different because the source of fat is animal, hence, it will be full of saturated fat; (also) be careful of "fat-free" because they'll substitute sugar for fat and make you more high risk for type II diabetes.

When I say "the amount that I eat" I mean the PB&J once every month or two. Believe me the amount of steak and cheese I like to consume will put me more at risk than the kind of peanut butter that I eat but I do agree with you that the processed crap that I think tastes good is far from healthy. I also agree that another nurtrition class would be very beneficial for me, especially when I am trying to figure out something for my kids to eat. Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it.

Ribeyes 1 :love: :love:
                                              Plain old mild chedder 1 :love: :love:

What do you call a lesbian that doesn't eat p**sy??

A Vagitarian :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dr Badvibes, its great when people watch what they eat but how can you turn down a nice bloody ribeye with a little horseraddish on the side??

This tread really turned around, don't you think :) :)

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
                                              5+ Year Member
                                              15+ Year Member
                                              Jul 28, 2004
                                                AUG2UAG said:
                                                ice cream is completely different because the source of fat is animal, hence, it will be full of saturated fat; (also) be careful of "fat-free" because they'll substitute sugar for fat and make you more high risk for type II diabetes, all for the same amount of Calories.

I always new the full fat Icecream was better for you. Now I can tell my wife and she may let me eat it again.

AUG2UAG

10+ Year Member
                                                5+ Year Member
                                                Dec 7, 2004
                                                constitutional
                                                  Very well, CARRY ON!!
                                                  ii070803i2.jpg

(CARRY ON AYE AYE SIR!!)

About the Ads
                                                  This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                  7. This thread is locked.