please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lejijohn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my name is dr leji john. and i hold a bachelor degree in the field of medicine, i.e MBBS , from india . although i have learnt all the subjects that any us undergrad in med school would study am fully aware tht my degrees wont be recognised in the US .My querie is can i do an MS in PHYSICIAN'S ASSISTANT from the US , or would i have to do a BS in PA from the us too before i apply for MS . as i am already done with all the subjects tht would be covered in bs , is there anyway i can directly apply for MS?PLS HELP.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need to contact the PA schools directly to see about admissions. If you do come over, please stop by Starbucks and show them how to make real Chai! :D

I am pretty sure that you can apply directly to the MS programs, as long as you have some kind of bachelor's and all of the prereq's. (you don't need a BS in PA studies to get the MS) I remember at my program's orientation our director told us that they have had some students in the past that were physician's in other countries. Go to the AAPA website for more info (aapa.org) and try the physicianassistant.net forum as well. Good luck!
Shan