SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Please Help

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by Bill_252001, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill_252001

Bill_252001 B+ 2+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Hello All
    I have a question related to a recent MRI that I got done(Not in the US but ohter country). The place I got my MRI done was kinda busy and the receptionist was new so she was totally confused as to what to do with the patients. By mistake, she wrote my sex as Female instead of Male. MRI went well, reports came back normal. My question is does it make any difference even if the doctor reviewed by report as a Female Patient report?? What i mean to ask is, is there any thing that will be diffrent on a male and female MRI???? It was just a routine checkup.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. neurologist

neurologist En garde Physician Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Aug 26, 2003
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm sorry, but I gotta laugh at this one . . .

What body part were you having examined?
    I may be little rusty on general gross anatomy, but I think there may be few minor differences in the pelvic region . . .

Brain/spine shouldn't matter much, although I guess there are some minor male/female differences in overall brain or pituitary volume. Probably nothing anyone would notice unless they were looking for it, though . . .

I'm going to laugh again, OK?

4. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Wild west of Mistytown
    Please don't solicit medical advice on SDN. Please contact your physician with any questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.