Please Help!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skhan11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I need help serious help! I bought the barron's dat book (2nd edition) for 39 dollers and I want to know if its really worth it? I am a single mom and don't want to spend money on something that wouldn't help. By searching through the forum I have realized that the book contains errors but those are old post. If anyone has recently studied from barron's please suggest. Also, are the practice tests good from this book? plz give suggestions since I am tottally lost and really need help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Barron's is pretty much just good for PAT from what I have heard. I think if you are low in cash, you would be best taking it back and buying the Kaplan Blue Book. However, you do need to know that preparing for the DAT can get pretty expensive.

hi everyone,

I need help serious help! I bought the barron's dat book (2nd edition) for 39 dollers and I want to know if its really worth it? I am a single mom and don't want to spend money on something that wouldn't help. By searching through the forum I have realized that the book contains errors but those are old post. If anyone has recently studied from barron's please suggest. Also, are the practice tests good from this book? plz give suggestions since I am tottally lost and really need help.

I haven't studied with Barron's but what you've found on the forum is the truth. Barron's bio is sub-par and contains many errors. I purchased Cliff's AP Bio and from what others have said (who have both) this is the far better book. I have not found a single error in Cliff's and I've read through that book with a fine tooth comb. I would suggest getting both Cliff's AP Bio and Kaplan Blue Book. You can get Cliff's AP Bio on Amazon for under $10.

I haven't studied with Barron's but what you've found on the forum is the truth. Barron's bio is sub-par and contains many errors. I purchased Cliff's AP Bio and from what others have said (who have both) this is the far better book. I have not found a single error in Cliff's and I've read through that book with a fine tooth comb. I would suggest getting both Cliff's AP Bio and Kaplan Blue Book. You can get Cliff's AP Bio on Amazon for under $10.

BTW there's a difference between Barron's Bio and Barron's DAT. I studied with the Bio book and found it on par with Cliff's AP Bio. Barron's DAT, however, is apparently fraught with mistakes, so unless it's a new addition and they caught all their errors, try to return it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I also used Barron's for Bio only and I thought it was a really good source, kaplan blue book's bio was not enough. I wouldn't recommend it for Barron's DAT book though.

I have barrons DAT 2nd edition. I used it for about 1 week and gave up. The sciences are too short and without any details and yes... its full of errors. Again, used it for a week and stopped cause it was crap.

As far as PAT goes, barrons PAT is crap too. There is nothing that Barrons offers that Crack DAT PAT software doesn't do (but 10 times better).

Return that $39 dollars. However, if your looking to really rock the DAT, you need to set aside about $400 on the right books / tools. I underestand that your a single mother, but this is the DAT we are talking about, this will open the door to a whole new future for you and your family. The $400 is well worth it.

In my opinion, you will need:
-Kaplan Blue book ($50 from amazon)
-combo pack DAT Destroyer + MATH destroyer (together = $200)
-Crack DAT PAT software (10 test version = $130)
-Cliffs AP bio ($20-30 from amazon), or some folks around here like Barrons AP bio

Once your done with all of these, its your choice if you want to get topscore (software that gives you 3 practice DAT exams, all for $50)

I used the Barron's DAT book.

It's only good for PAT. Unless you are familiar with the sciences, DO NOT use the Barron's book. It's chock full of errors and it will confuse you if you're not careful!

I suggest buying the Kaplan DAT Prep Book (a.k.a. - Kaplan Blue Book, KBB for short).

This is the older edition for $50 http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-2009-2...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270346671&sr=8-1

The most recent edition is about $70 with coupons I think from Borders or Barns and Nobel.