Please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ammarm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to figure out why the answer to this PAT question is bottom one and not the top figure. Can someone please help? ive been thinking about it for like an hour but was still not able to come up with the reasoning. It is frustrating.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• prob.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 40
There's a change in slope, shown in red.

2ekukvd.jpg

Well it cant be the answer on the top because if you look at the side view it shows that the figure comes up to a flattened point. The bottom answer shows this by having lines in the cross section. Those lines are the same ones in the end view as it comes up. Without those lines in the cross section like in the top answer it just shows two planes intersecting but not coming to any flattened point. Hope that helps.

There's a change in slope, shown in red.

2ekukvd.jpg

Well it cant be the answer on the top because if you look at the side view it shows that the figure comes up to a flattened point. The bottom answer shows this by having lines in the cross section. Those lines are the same ones in the end view as it comes up. Without those lines in the cross section like in the top answer it just shows two planes intersecting but not coming to any flattened point. Hope that helps.

thanks guys.. i would be stuck on this question the whole day trust me.. i know understand it well especially in combination with the visual and the explanation.. good team work guys :thumbup:.. :)

Ive been trying to figure out why the answer to this PAT question is bottom one and not the top figure. Can someone please help? ive been thinking about it for like an hour but was still not able to come up with the reasoning. It is frustrating.

May I ask where this problem is from?