1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Please help!!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ammarm, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ammarm

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Ive been trying to figure out why the answer to this PAT question is bottom one and not the top figure. Can someone please help? ive been thinking about it for like an hour but was still not able to come up with the reasoning. It is frustrating.

Attached Files:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AlbinoPolarBear

7+ Year Member

There's a change in slope, shown in red.

[​IMG]

4. OUDent88

Pre-Dental
    Well it cant be the answer on the top because if you look at the side view it shows that the figure comes up to a flattened point. The bottom answer shows this by having lines in the cross section. Those lines are the same ones in the end view as it comes up. Without those lines in the cross section like in the top answer it just shows two planes intersecting but not coming to any flattened point. Hope that helps.

5. ammarm

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks guys.. i would be stuck on this question the whole day trust me.. i know understand it well especially in combination with the visual and the explanation.. good team work guys :thumbup:.. :)

6. jwnichols21

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    May I ask where this problem is from?