Pedie Packs

Alpha Male
Jul 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm almost ready to submit my primary application (target date is Friday!). If anyone has school selection advice I would love to hear it.

Thanks! :)

Stratego

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2009
Status
You have nice stats and terrific ECS, but your list is top heavy. I don't see you as getting much attention from the seven most-selective schools on your list. I'd say that four dream schools would be enough. On the other hand, I don't think there's a chance that you won't get into one of your middle-selectivity state schools.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
You have nice stats and terrific ECS, but your list is top heavy. I don't see you as getting much attention from the seven most-selective schools on your list. I'd say that four dream schools would be enough. On the other hand, I don't think there's a chance that you won't get into one of your middle-selectivity state schools.
Yeah, you can save an easy $100 taking off 3 of the top tier schools. $200 if you take off 6.... lol

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
OP
Pedie Packs

Pedie Packs

Alpha Male
Jul 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Well the way I see it, the 100 / 200 will just be a drop in the bucket in the long run.... so I'm gonna stick with the schools.

But I'm thinking I should replace one of those schools with a safety from out of state... any recommendations?

Perhaps a school that is very patient care oriented, more so than research?

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Well the way I see it, the 100 / 200 will just be a drop in the bucket in the long run.... so I'm gonna stick with the schools.

But I'm thinking I should replace one of those schools with a safety from out of state... any recommendations?

Perhaps a school that is very patient care oriented, more so than research?
I'm not going to pick a school for you, because it should be your decision. But with a 32 MCAT, your chances are toughest at WashU and Hopkins. So if you want to replace something, I'd replace one of them. Probably WashU, since it is even more of a number ***** than Hopkins, albeit not by much haha