Please leave advice on my mdapps!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pedie Packs

Alpha Male
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost ready to submit my primary application (target date is Friday!). If anyone has school selection advice I would love to hear it.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You have nice stats and terrific ECS, but your list is top heavy. I don't see you as getting much attention from the seven most-selective schools on your list. I'd say that four dream schools would be enough. On the other hand, I don't think there's a chance that you won't get into one of your middle-selectivity state schools.

You have nice stats and terrific ECS, but your list is top heavy. I don't see you as getting much attention from the seven most-selective schools on your list. I'd say that four dream schools would be enough. On the other hand, I don't think there's a chance that you won't get into one of your middle-selectivity state schools.

Yeah, you can save an easy $100 taking off 3 of the top tier schools. $200 if you take off 6.... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
But, if money is no object . . .you can always keep them.

Well the way I see it, the 100 / 200 will just be a drop in the bucket in the long run.... so I'm gonna stick with the schools.

But I'm thinking I should replace one of those schools with a safety from out of state... any recommendations?

Perhaps a school that is very patient care oriented, more so than research?

Well the way I see it, the 100 / 200 will just be a drop in the bucket in the long run.... so I'm gonna stick with the schools.

But I'm thinking I should replace one of those schools with a safety from out of state... any recommendations?

Perhaps a school that is very patient care oriented, more so than research?

I'm not going to pick a school for you, because it should be your decision. But with a 32 MCAT, your chances are toughest at WashU and Hopkins. So if you want to replace something, I'd replace one of them. Probably WashU, since it is even more of a number ***** than Hopkins, albeit not by much haha