PLEASE PLEASE help - AHHHHHH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of some help. I have been accepted to a post bacc pre-medical certificate program consisting mostly of upper level biology courses as well as a MSP (Mississippi College). What in the world should I do? My UG GPA is ~2.9 but I have gotten mixed suggestions from dental school admission committees and advisers. ANY HELP!?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would do a lot to get your undergrad GPA above 3.0. The pre-med certificate program would be able to do that for you (assuming that you're taking upper-level UG courses). If not, then maybe take more UG classes as a visiting student. I feel like MSP's mostly help people that are on the border - a 2.9 might be slightly below that. From what I've read on SDN forums, it seems like some ADCOM's are skeptical about graduate coursework as far as difficulty, so it might not help your cause as much as getting that UG GPA up. But like I said, that's from what I've read and not from experience. Good luck!