Please RATE & SUGGEST improvements in my CV from the point of view of a SURGERY PD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobTheResearcher

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow SDN members. I took a 1.5 year research fellowship after my Med School and was involved in basic science (kinda borderline clinical) research. I was also working at a clinical post in my country of origin (& hence have not lost touch with clinics..involved in wards,OR..working on stuff at the level of a PGY-I..working in my home country)

I will be applying in next year's match. Will someone please RATE my Publication CV from the point of view of a SURGERY PD.

I FIRST authored the following 14 research articles in: ( Brackets indicate Impact Factor of Journals; all journals PubMed indexed)

Original research articles:
- World Journal of Surgery 2 first author papers (2.348)
- European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery (0.38)
- Injury (2.46)
- Emergency Medicine Journal (1.78)
- Journal of Surgical Research (2.12)
- International J of Injury Control Control & Safety Promotion (0.544)
- Chinese Journal of Traumatology
- J of Injury and Violence Research

2 First Authored Case reports in BMJ Case Reports

3 papers in not so well known journals as first author..one on pediatric appendectomy,one on kidney transplantation methodology, one on colectomies.

STEPS:
250 + on step 1. Passed step 2 CS first shot.
Haven't given step 2 CK yet. Will give it in a couple of months.
2 months Sub-I in Gen Surgery in the US
3 US LORs

I am an IMG Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder of the US)

Being a surgeon is all I have wanted to be..ever since i entered med school that's all I have wanted to be..
Please could SDN members especially the more experienced members (Residents, Attendings..) rate my CV on a scale from 1 to 10 ? and maybe suggest what I could do to improve my chances of matching at a competitive program.
I hope to match at a Categorical University Program which has a high volume of Robotics..if that's possible...(I have always been interested in robotics..before I even joined Med School)

Thanks for taking the time out...Suggestions will be much much appreciated..

Members don't see this ad.