Please Reply Asap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mye Eye

Ophtho Cookie Eater
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Through a weird situation...I just got another Ophtho letter that had previously fallen through. I am told this is a VERY STRONG letter.

Knowing/hoping/assuming I have THREE strong Ophtho letters, would it be smart to send 3 Ophtho letters?

I have a surgery letter I was already going to submit, but I feel like it probably wouldnt be as strong as the ophtho letters

so thoughts...

2 strong ophtho letters and a good surgery letter?

3 strong ophtho letters?

what do u think i should do?

thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I think including the surgery letter will be more beneficial for you. Of the three ophtho letters, can you choose the best 2?

If not, maybe call the secretary of programs your interested in and see if you can send in the additional letter separately.

i havent seen what is in any of the letters...but the ophtho ppl told me they were "strong" letters...so i'm banking on that

so the surgery letter is the way to go as it would be "well rounded" i assume?

i gotta get this stuff out soon :) so i was curious

thanks for ur advice!!!

I agree that you should go with the surgery letter and 2/3 ophtho letters. While there's nothing wrong with using 3 ophtho letters, it's nice to have someone outside of the field speaking highly of you. You should be able to send the third ophtho letter separately to most programs.