PLEASE RESPOND ADVICE NEEDED

Started by Amakk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amakk

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, just received my PCAT prelim and I sadly received a 60 composite. My GPA is around a 3.72 but will probably drop a bit due to pharmcas calculations. I have a year of pharmacy technician experience but no bachelors. I am applying to Texas A&M's through early decision, would I have a solid shot or should I consider retaking the PCAT. I would love to hear from many different people on their experiences and how they feel I should approach this situation. If needed, I'd like to register for the next PCAT date ASAP. Thanks a lot.
 
On their website, it states "To be considered for admission students must earn a composite PCAT score of 40 or higher and a PCAT writing score of 3.0 or greater."

I suggest you apply since their min GPA is 2.75. I think your pharm experience is good. Are your 3 LORs strong? Any EC?

Their 2015's cycle average PCAT score was 70% and GPA 3.35

Best of luck!!
 
On their website, it states "To be considered for admission students must earn a composite PCAT score of 40 or higher and a PCAT writing score of 3.0 or greater."

I suggest you apply since their min GPA is 2.75. I think your pharm experience is good. Are your 3 LORs strong? Any EC?

Their 2015's cycle average PCAT score was 70% and GPA 3.35

Best of luck!!
I know I have 2 strong LOR's guaranteed but I'm not sure about the third one yet. Unfortunately I don't have much EC, mainly just work experience in the pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EC's and LORs aren't nearly as important as pharmacy experience anyways. I would still retake the PCAT but overall you are in good shape in my opinion.
 
EC's and LORs aren't nearly as important as pharmacy experience anyways. I would still retake the PCAT but overall you are in good shape in my opinion.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully if I apply broadly to all Texas schools I'll get at least one interview. Would you agree?
 
Thanks a lot! Hopefully if I apply broadly to all Texas schools I'll get at least one interview. Would you agree?

I don't know anything about Texas schools but with your GPA and pharmacy experience you should get multiple interviews.