PLEASE RESPOND ADVICE NEEDED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amakk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just received my PCAT prelim and I sadly received a 60 composite. My GPA is around a 3.72 but will probably drop a bit due to pharmcas calculations. I have a year of pharmacy technician experience but no bachelors. I am applying to Texas A&M's through early decision, would I have a solid shot or should I consider retaking the PCAT. I would love to hear from many different people on their experiences and how they feel I should approach this situation. If needed, I'd like to register for the next PCAT date ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

On their website, it states "To be considered for admission students must earn a composite PCAT score of 40 or higher and a PCAT writing score of 3.0 or greater."

I suggest you apply since their min GPA is 2.75. I think your pharm experience is good. Are your 3 LORs strong? Any EC?

Their 2015's cycle average PCAT score was 70% and GPA 3.35

Best of luck!!

On their website, it states "To be considered for admission students must earn a composite PCAT score of 40 or higher and a PCAT writing score of 3.0 or greater."

I suggest you apply since their min GPA is 2.75. I think your pharm experience is good. Are your 3 LORs strong? Any EC?

Their 2015's cycle average PCAT score was 70% and GPA 3.35

Best of luck!!
I know I have 2 strong LOR's guaranteed but I'm not sure about the third one yet. Unfortunately I don't have much EC, mainly just work experience in the pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
EC's and LORs aren't nearly as important as pharmacy experience anyways. I would still retake the PCAT but overall you are in good shape in my opinion.

EC's and LORs aren't nearly as important as pharmacy experience anyways. I would still retake the PCAT but overall you are in good shape in my opinion.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully if I apply broadly to all Texas schools I'll get at least one interview. Would you agree?

Thanks a lot! Hopefully if I apply broadly to all Texas schools I'll get at least one interview. Would you agree?

I don't know anything about Texas schools but with your GPA and pharmacy experience you should get multiple interviews.