Please review my stats!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyicecream

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm finally ready to start sending out applications. I am trying to focus on 3 year, private schools near the west coast. My list currently is:

Touro University
University of Pacific
University of Southern Nevada
Pacific University of Oregon
California Northstate Pharmacy School
MCPHS

Science GPA 3.69
Overall GPA 3.60 (I have 10 W's though)
No PCAT
I have worked in a Pharmacy since February this year.
I volunteered at a Hospital Pharmacy for 7 months last year.
I also currently volunteer at another hospital.
I am planning to graduate by next summer.

Do you guys have any comments, questions or tips? Anything would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

121 views with no replys?:(

am i posting this in the wrong section?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks pretty good, but why the 10 Ws?
at that time I didn't care about anything. I thought I was going back to korea w/o a degree.
but after that period, I didn't get any bad grade or w anymore.
would they still accept me even though I have like 10W?
:(

you are competitive, but you will have alot of explaining to do to the adcom about those w's. I would definitely mention why you got them in your PS statement (even if they don't ask for it), so they don't write you off straight off the bat.

impressive stats. No need to worry too much. You'll get in one of the program if you follow through.

Pretty good stat
But not good enough for USN I think
By the way do you have a degree?

thanks for the replies.

i dont have a degree yet, but i will by the end of this upcoming school year.
it will be in bio chemistry. UOP is my first choice, as it is in CA. USN wouldn't be bad either. I had no idea that 3.7 was the mean GPA there. Wow, tough to get into. How can it be a higher mean GPA than UC SF though?

USN may have a high gpa average for the incoming class, but you still will be competitive (just explain your W's).

I think the reason the gpa average is so high is because many people like the 3 year program, low unit requirement to apply, the block system, fairly new building, good naplex passing rates, the social atmosphere of las vegas, low cost of living, willingness of my friends to visit me vs. loma linda/western/uop and the relative proximity to Socal vs. NorthCal. At least these are the reasons why I wanted to go to USN.

UCSF is much harder to get into because they have way more requirements to apply and way more people applying even if the gpa average is lower.

Hi guys,

I'm finally ready to start sending out applications. I am trying to focus on 3 year, private schools near the west coast. My list currently is:

Touro University
University of Pacific
University of Southern Nevada
Pacific University of Oregon
California Northstate Pharmacy School
MCPHS

Science GPA 3.69
Overall GPA 3.60 (I have 10 W's though)
No PCAT
I have worked in a Pharmacy since February this year.
I volunteered at a Hospital Pharmacy for 7 months last year.
I also currently volunteer at another hospital.
I am planning to graduate by next summer.

Do you guys have any comments, questions or tips? Anything would be very helpful.

take the PCAT, i believe the non-Cali schools will need it. 10 W's is a lot of explaining to do, but i think your gpa helps. just be ready to explain. people got in with less gpa wise and with some w's but i haven't seen someone with 10 w's.

Dont spend a lot of time dwelling on excuses though:). Just state you had a year of circumstances that resulted in the need to drop a few courses. What will matter to the adcom is what you say you have learned from it. (They just need to know that you have learned how to prevent it from happening if you were accepted to pharmacy school.)

Then you should be fine, your grades are great and it will help that you will be entering school with a degree in Biochemistry.

Good luck.

thanks guys for your input. studentdoctor.net has become my daily bible, i read from it religiously!