Please Stop the CVS Bashing!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey genius:

You do know this item you quoted is over six years old. Just saying. It might have been a little different back in the golden days.......
Mama always said I was a little slow....but 6 years? dammmmmmnnnnn..haha. Well It is nice knowing that I am still moved by some things said.
I was part of a company called Snyder's when I started 12 years ago...we were bought by CVS 9 years ago...I call it the "hostile" take over as we were Syder's one day
and the next we were CVS. They implemented the PCQ calls within the year.....to keep people "compliant." I understand it is a money thing and also to help gain ins contracts,
but when you have customers that have voice mail greetings saying "if this is CVS hang up" but are not allowed to have a "do not call list" I thought wow this will be a fun ride.
Anyway thanks for the wake up call, haha, I never thought to look at the date as I do not belong to any forums, just a rookie here.
Off to work...yay.

Members don't see this ad.

each and every new year since 2011... the DM would cut tech hours, regardless your store increase volume or decrease.. last month our overlap pharmacist hours got cut, that's in addition to cutting more tech hours!

each and every new year since 2011... the DM would cut tech hours, regardless your store increase volume or decrease.. last month our overlap pharmacist hours got cut, that's in addition to cutting more tech hours!
Does the DM have anything to do with hours??

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought this was a joke when I saw someone was actually taking up for CVS. I have worked at both CVS and Walgreens and CVS takes the trophy of the worst retail to work for. They 100% only care about metrics that will lead to filling a script. Do they care if I counsel someone or if I intervene on a serious drug drug interaction? Do they ever ask me about those times or have any metrics slightly related to counseling/interventions? No. Everything leads to filling a script=$$$ in their pocket. They are a joke. If I am taking my time with a patient and helping them while I have things going red or voicemails going over their magical 10 minutes, guess which one they care more about? I have never been able to throughly talk to a patient about all of their medications. If I take 5-10 minutes to counsel, it is like the place is going to burn down and my technicians are yelling WAITER or DOCTOR CALL in my ear the whole time. Also, let's talk about the ratio of pharmacists to techs that is clearly illegal. I wonder how CVS gets away with this for so long. Why is there such a rule when it's not even enforced? I'm sure everyone is even scared to tell their BOP because CVS will respond with less technicians, because it is unheard of to have another pharmacist working with you. I despise this company and can't wait for the day I can leave. They are lucky there's a system with a huge influx of new pharmacists every where with 100,000+ in debt. I check SDN all the time just to have comfort that I am not alone in CVS-HELL. When I am there, it's like a marathon. CVS wants every person to do the work of 2. They can care less about the quality of your life and health. They have turned pharmacy into McDonalds, lets be for real. Quick service is the top priority. Never mind any of that other pharmacy mumbo jumbo that these pharmacists went to school for years for. Who cares. Just verify and get the money QUICK. Don't forget about ReadyFill. And ScriptSync. And calling them 3 times a day as soon as it's ready. Joke.
what's it like at Walgreens?

Does the DM have anything to do with hours??

i believe the DM has everything to do with it. cutting hours is part of management controlled profits (MCP).

i believe the DM has everything to do with it. cutting hours is part of management controlled profits (MCP).
I'd think its more of a RM and AVP thing to bring it down to the DM's and Sups. Any sups in here that can chime in?

I'd think its more of a RM and AVP thing to bring it down to the DM's and Sups. Any sups in here that can chime in?

DMs do not have control over hours. They can move hours around within the district (i.e. Cut 2 hours from one store and add to another) and have some discretionary payroll but they have to hit an hours budget same as stores do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How was it Back Then ? I have been with them for almost 4 years . IN recent months it has been rough because it is so hard to keep good techs. They just dont want to be there

3,000 per week
147 Pharmacist Hours
350 Tech hours
Automation
Almost no metrics

DMs do not have control over hours. They can move hours around within the district (i.e. Cut 2 hours from one store and add to another) and have some discretionary payroll but they have to hit an hours budget same as stores do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not any more. There is NO control at the local level. All set by corporate

How a company so vilified can continue operating is a bit mystifying until you consider telecom companies or large national banks.

Do you want to be timed on how short your consultations are? That's a consultation metric at Walmart

At least at Walmart you have time to counsel at all since they actually give you a second pharmacists for more than 3 hours a week. Then again the Walmart people are compliance nazis... so really you just trade your autonomy and/or any ability to use common sense for staffing. The pharmacists there seem scared to do anything without calling a doctor and call to verify the most ridiculous things. One of them called to ask for the surface area that a cream would be applied to "because of days supply for insurance compliance". The people there seem paranoid or something, drop a pen and they jump out of their coat.

Typically only pharmacists who came from CVS and worked there a decent amount of time (knowing how to work with less and yes... do so-called "tech" tasks) are remotely competent (except those from Longs Drugs before CVS acquired them. O. M. G. wtf is wrong with these RPH..) Otherwise most Walmart pharmacists are garbage and don't know how good they have it. That said Walmart workflow is not good despite RxConnect being more buggy and laggy in comparison.

what's it like at Walgreens?
The same but no metrics, just get the work done and make sure customer complaints are at a minimum. Also sometimes there are full midshift rph overlap which makes it relatively easy to survive even at busiest stores.