Please suggest me good orthopaedic books during residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bertino

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
suggestions needed

Members don't see this ad.

The books and resources I used to study are:

1. Orthobullets for topics + questions
2. AAOS ResStudy for OITE questions
3. Campbell's Operative Orthopedics (content)
4. Wiesel Operative Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery (surgery prep)
5. Hoppenfield Surgical Exposures
6. AAOS yellow journal
7. Journal of Arthroplasty

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rockwood and Green is a must. It’s basically THE book on orthopedic trauma and fractures.

Any of the “Masters” books on specific topics (shoulder, trauma etc) are good for explaining the steps of various surgeries

Greens hand surgery

Orthobullets and Hoppenfelds surg exposures were mentioned and I think they’re great but Hoppenfelds physical exam book is one I still look at sometimes and I’m like ten years out of residency.

I used to like the Yellow Journal a lot but feel like a lot of it’s content has moved online.

Reactions: 1 user
Rockwood and Green is a must. It’s basically THE book on orthopedic trauma and fractures.

Any of the “Masters” books on specific topics (shoulder, trauma etc) are good for explaining the steps of various surgeries

Greens hand surgery

Orthobullets and Hoppenfelds surg exposures were mentioned and I think they’re great but Hoppenfelds physical exam book is one I still look at sometimes and I’m like ten years out of residency.

I used to like the Yellow Journal a lot but feel like a lot of it’s content has moved online.
different strokes I guess.

I found rockwood and green and the master series a decent reference when I had a specific question in mind but they were far far too dense to commit to memory, same for greens hand and campbells.

I would recommend ronald mcrae practical fracture treatment, and his physical exam books (heavily illustrated, phenomenanlly written and succinct, covers broad strokes of what is most important to know)

Sam weisel for techniques (AO practical fx tx for trauma + aoreferenceapp)

AAOS comprehensive review (I like the way it is divided)

different strokes I guess.

I found rockwood and green and the master series a decent reference when I had a specific question in mind but they were far far too dense to commit to memory, same for greens hand and campbells.

I would recommend ronald mcrae practical fracture treatment, and his physical exam books (heavily illustrated, phenomenanlly written and succinct, covers broad strokes of what is most important to know)

Sam weisel for techniques (AO practical fx tx for trauma + aoreferenceapp)

AAOS comprehensive review (I like the way it is divided)

I mean, yes it’s hard to commit a three volume textbook to memory :)

I also liked Weisel. Wish it came out sooner.

• Haha