Please tell me I'm wrong!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So I submitted my primary AMCAS application and am still waiting for it to be verified. Truth be told, I never thought my own state school would be my first choice but since I know the school so well, did research there, love the clinical opportunities and curriculum, and have above average stats, I've slowly fallen in love with it. All I've done is pay the $37 fee for other schools and while I've received some secondaries, I haven't completed any so far. Even my LORs aren't in. Is it too late to change my state school as marked from RD to ED? Can I contact the school or tell them about this?

Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

You can remove/add schools any schools you want to your primary post submission. Follow the instructions they give you on resubmitting after any change to school list.

After resubmission, your primary will be updated to your new school choices and they'll send you a secondary promptly.

Choosing early decision at one school will set you back at the other schools if you are unfortunate and don't get an offer from your top choice. Take that into consideration. Any advantage to submitting early will be gone. That's not to say that you shouldn't choose early decision if you think it is right for you, but it does have a down side.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't do early decision with, as you say, average stats. Early decision is for people who are nearly 100% certain they will get in.

Thanks for all your advice guys! I actually have decided that it may be worth it, since it really is my first choice. Right now, all that shows up is "Regular MD", "MD/Graduate" and "MSTP". How would I remove the school and then check off EDP?

Thanks for all your advice guys! I actually have decided that it may be worth it, since it really is my first choice. Right now, all that shows up is "Regular MD", "MD/Graduate" and "MSTP". How would I remove the school and then check off EDP?
You should really look into this before making that decision. A lot of schools say on their websites that you shouldn't apply ED unless you have stats that would put you in the top of their applicant pool. If their website says something along these lines and your stats are average, don't apply ED.