good_faith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
I took AAMC 3R last weekend.
I have been studying since the end of January of this year.
I got 7 v 6 PS & 8 BS.
Did anybody get similar score as above 5/4 wks prior to the real MCAT, and able to improve at least by 7 points?

Thanks

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
did you even bother looking at a thread answering your exact question a few threads down before posting this?

About the Ads

good_faith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by exmike
did you even bother looking at a thread answering your exact question a few threads down before posting this?

Exmike,

Hey, I didn?t know if this question asked before.
I don?t think I would mind searching.
I don?t come here that often, and as you know in this Pre-Allop section page flip quickly.

In any case would like to hear from people who took MCAT last year.

ken37

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
Dallas, Texas
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by good_faith
I took AAMC 3R last weekend.
I have been studying since the end of January of this year.
I got 7 v 6 PS & 8 BS.
Did anybody get similar score as above 5/4 wks prior to the real MCAT, and able to improve at least by 7 points?

Thanks

Study hard, then take another test in a few weeks to see how you're doing. What other people do makes no difference to how you'll do, and if you're seeing if it's worth the effort, then don't bother with med school.

CaptainJack02

let's stir and shake
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2002
Boston
Status (Visible)
At this point, all you can really do is take practice test after practice test after practice test, and learn from your science and test taking mistakes. Just give it your all. And walk in on test day with confidence. I mean, there's no secret to the thing. Just go at it, head on.

Good luck! I hope u pull thru!

Captjack

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Status (Visible)
Become the MCAT for the next few weeks. Get the old MCAT's from aamc and their practice problems. Do a practice test at least every week, make sure you go over every problem, even the ones that you got correct. Learn to know how they think and what they're looking for...practice timing. So key! Read voraciously...not stupid $hit, but things like the economist, NY Times. That's all I can say. g'luck.

bagnbb

15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2003
Status (Visible)
I recommend EK audio osmosis and all of their other materials, if you are not already using them.
These AO cd's are easy listening and are a great supplement to your other studies.
Of course there is no substitute for hard work (studying) and lots of practice tests. There are several EK audio osmosis sets available in the for sale forum for much below retail cost. Good Luck!!

Bruce

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.