plz answer these

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walnut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.content of GC in dna of algae of hot springs
a-normal
b-subnormal
c-high
d-intermediate

2.an infection infecting the mother will affect the baby teeth on the
a-lines of retzius
b-lamellae
c-spindles
d-owen lines

3-depleted oxaloacetate levels means
a-cori cycle is active
b-gluconeogenesis is active
c-ketone body syntheseis is active
d-fatty acid degradation

Members don't see this ad.

1.content of GC in dna of algae of hot springs
a-normal
b-subnormal
c-high
d-intermediate
high high melting temperature denpend on high content of GC so ans is high.i am not wrong
2.an infection infecting the mother will affect the baby teeth on the
a-lines of retzius
b-lamellae
c-spindles
d-owen lines
i think it is lines of retzius

a-cori cycle is active
d-fatty acid degradation[/QUOT

i think it is fatty acid acid synthesis .

i have wrongly typed, it is fatty acid degradation.

Members don't see this ad :)
1] c
2]a...[?]
3]b

am 100% sure about ans for Q1 and Q3...get more opinions about Q2

a-cori cycle is active

but ketone bodies are produced when there is need for glucose these ketone bodies can not be handled by c3 as decreased oxaloacetate as it is involved to supply glucose to brain answer is c.d??

The Ans is b.
since oxaloacetate levels are depleted the regular krebs cycle to produce energy cant take place so gluconeogenesis is activated to produce energy req. correct me if I'm wrong.
a-cori cycle is active

but ketone bodies are produced when there is need for glucose these ketone bodies can not be handled by c3 as decreased oxaloacetate as it is involved to supply glucose to brain answer is c.d??

The Ans is b.
since oxaloacetate levels are depleted the regular krebs cycle to produce energy cant take place so gluconeogenesis is activated to produce energy req. correct me if I'm wrong.
thats right but what about the ketogenesis in which decreased oxaloacetate cause these acetones to go in to the tissue which cause ketonemia.

kettone body synthesis can also be the ans according to your explanation,but you see this happens in case only when the glucose level is depleted,like in unfeed state and it is not mentioned in the question... also gluconeogenesis occurs before ketogenesis for energy so for sure ans is<gluconeogenisis is active>

kettone body synthesis can also be the ans according to your explanation,but you see this happens in case only when the glucose level is depleted,like in unfeed state and it is not mentioned in the question... also gluconeogenesis occurs before ketogenesis for energy so for sure ans is<gluconeogenisis is active>

yap,correct.

I think the first question as asked
content of GC in dna of algae of hot springs
a-normal
b-subnormal
c-high
d-intermediate

the answer has to be (c) high...because the bond between G and C are tripple bonds and they are the strongest as needed being that dna of algae to survivie in hot springs,otherwise it would get denatured .The other bonds are weak bonds like between A and T and between Aand U is the weakest if present in mrna during transcription.

In the second question-One can rule out b and c.Now a is in enamel and d is in dentin so between the 2 i'd go with a.
Q1 and 3 have been answered with good explanations so Im sure there is no doubts about them.
all the best