Plz help me understand the concept of equal oppurtunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acrylic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to know if this exists and does IDPs have this approach when considering addmissions to their schools....like for eg if they have 10 seats n 20 applicants are from country A and one from country B. will they automatically admit the one candidate from country B in order to have diversity etc.

I just want to know this and any insight is appreciated specially from those who are currently enrolled in IDP.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

IMO Depends on the school. Some have a diversity policy and some dont.
But equal opp (I think) refers to looking at an applicant regardless of sex, age, race, and sexual orientation.
Dont think an applicant get a position automatically though!

This is not true for california schools ......I think they prefers nationality also?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the replies
can neone tell more abt it

What La Fea said is right, equal opportunity is regarding age, gender and race...
but with all your respect the example you are talking about is completely meaningless to the schools....I mean, No school at all will only get applicants from 2 countries only. I know u're talking hypothetical, but since each school gets hundreds of applicants from all around the world, the concept of diversity is somehow always there automatically without the school even trying to tamper with it. And even if they do, I beleive its not that bad for an internatinoal program to be such international...You dont want a class full of one nationaluty only!!

What La Fea said is right, equal opportunity is regarding age, gender and race...
but with all your respect the example you are talking about is completely meaningless to the schools....I mean, No school at all will only get applicants from 2 countries only. I know u're talking hypothetical, but since each school gets hundreds of applicants from all around the world, the concept of diversity is somehow always there automatically without the school even trying to tamper with it. And even if they do, I beleive its not that bad for an internatinoal program to be such international...You dont want a class full of one nationaluty only!!

thats wht i was asking...thks