PM&R Competitiveness 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstaidjelly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
People are saying PM&R is competitive and looking at the 73 residency spots--they are all at large state schools and prestigious private ones--is it likely for a DO with a USMLE of 201 and a COMLEX of 410 to get a residency in PM&R? I just dont see why University of Wisconsin or Case Western would accept a DO when they get tons of applicants from MD's? Im just asking about likely e.g. 90 percent chance.

Members don't see this ad.

PM&R isn't that competitive. Not sure how competitive a 201/410 would be, though.

Thanks TheWeeIceMan. So would it be safe to apply to 40 PM&R residencies and 40 FM residencies and say that it should work out somewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
People are saying PM&R is competitive and looking at the 73 residency spots--they are all at large state schools and prestigious private ones--is it likely for a DO with a USMLE of 201 and a COMLEX of 410 to get a residency in PM&R? I just dont see why University of Wisconsin or Case Western would accept a DO when they get tons of applicants from MD's? Im just asking about likely e.g. 90 percent chance.
You should probably post this in the PMR or Osteopathic forums. You're not gonna get good answers here.

This is pre-osteo so I don't think you will get the best advice here.

I don't think you will get the best advice here. This is pre-osteo.