PM & R for IMG??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RehabIMG1319

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Can someone help me? Is it hard for an IMG from Asia to get into a PM&R program? My other colleagues usually get into Internal Medicine or Family Medicine because most of them are more likely to be matched to these programs. But I am interested in Rehab. Are there any IMG Friendly Hospitals for PM & R that might even sponsor an H1 if not a J1 Visa? Need comments please. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It should not be hard to get into a PMR program somewhere, but you will have to look for places in out of the way areas. I don't know much about visas, either, so this will limit you. But if you are competitive enough for internal medicine you should be able to get a PMR spot somewhere.

Look here on this board for vacancies that arise unexpectedly. You should look for a preliminary medicine or surgery position right now, and then next year try to get into a spot at the last minute. The programs that have these unexpected openings are a little more desperate.