PM&R Questions

Started by TheOther
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheOther

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I'm an upcoming MS II and PM&R has recently been on my radar. I've been researching it extensively on/off SDN and I'll be shadowing during the remainder of my summer. My DO school doesn't have a home program so I'm taking every avenue I can to find more information about the field. I had a few questions for the fine physiatrists of SDN:

1. For those in practice, what are some cons of PM&R that you experience personally? Most of the threads I've come across harp on the positive aspects with few drawbacks (apart from decreased compensation).

2. How important is research in PM&R for the "top-tier" programs? Are solid board scores, letters and audition rotations enough for programs like UW, RIC, Columbia-Cornell, etc? I have research but not PM&R related.

3. Any advice you wish you'd known as an MS I/II?

Thanks for your time!
 
Last edited: