PM&R Residency - SAEs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PainDoc2025

Resident Physician [PM&R]
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

What is the best way to study for the SAEs during PM&R residency? PM&R Recap board questions? Please advise.
 
How would you study for boards or your rotations? The SAEs are really a waste of time and only correlate with boards in so much as if you're good at taking tests, you'll do good on both and if you're poor at taking tests you'll do poor on both. Don't spend time just studying for these. If you feel for some reason you need a good score on this test, find old copies of SAEs as questions are sometimes reused.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PMR Recap all the way, that's your highest of high yield. Doesnt cover everything, but I scored above average on real boards with PMR Recap being my primary source
 
I love PM&R Recap as well, and use Cuccurullo to fill in the blanks and if I need something even more then I'll reach for others. I love Preston and Shapiro for EDX, as well as Jacobson/Malanga for MSK US, but those are more for my personal interests than as much for board studying.