PM&R residents at UTHSCSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acupuncturist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To the medical residents at UTHSCSA:

I'll be flying to San Antonio for an interview on Feb 1, I was wondering if anyone has an extra space (like a couch or floor mat) for me to stay for a night or two because i would like to spend more time to see the program. Hopefully, I can also have the chance to come to the hospital with you and get a better experience with the program.

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Acupuncturist said:
To the medical residents at UTHSCSA:

I'll be flying to San Antonio for an interview on Feb 1, I was wondering if anyone has an extra space (like a couch or floor mat) for me to stay for a night or two because i would like to spend more time to see the program. Hopefully, I can also have the chance to come to the hospital with you and get a better experience with the program.

Thank you,

The program pays for your hotel stay for at least one night. You could always work things out with your travel reservations where you arrive in the morning to San Antonio, go to your interview and leave the following day(they pay for "one night"....doesn't matter which "one night".)

In order to "shadow" a resident, I believe you'd need either special permission first from the department( because of HIPAA guidelines with regards to patient privacy and all) or do a rotation with us. I'm not sure that's possible given the short amount of time needed to coordinate that but it's worth a shot.

To find a more convenient accomodation(I live about 30 minutes away so I'm not optimal) if you've managed to work that out, ask Kathy Bowers, Residency coordinator about possible stay overs with other residents.

Good Luck.

DC