PM&R summer program at Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilipina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.northwestern.edu/pmr/extninfo1.htm

Did anyone participate in this program before their second year of medical school? I'm thinking about applying. Any comments?

THANKS !! jc

Members don't see this ad.

I believe someone from my school did the externship. However, he was more interested in orthopedics. I recommend applying for the Northwestern externship. I'd love to see more seriously (or possibly interested) future applicants get early exposure to this exciting and continually evolving field of medicine. RIC is arguably one of the best places in the nation to get exposure to PM&R.

Go for it!

do you guys know of any other programs that would be in the NYC area? the NYU one is only for NYU students. i am looking to do something for a month that would really expose me to diferent areas of the field. Thanx!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Su4n2
do you guys know of any other programs that would be in the NYC area? the NYU one is only for NYU students. i am looking to do something for a month that would really expose me to different areas of the field. Thanx!

It looks like another NYCOM student who has possibly seen the light. Susan, unfortunately there is no such program in NYC that is similar to Northwestern. I did a 4th year elective at NYU. Ironically, the vast majority of NYU students are completely disinterested in PM&R. It is a totally overrated program but you'll get a good education. I believe that you are a 1st year? If so, I would try finding a physiatrist to work with over the summer. I do personally know of some Manhattan physiatrist (mostly sports team physicians) that are great to work with. Also, I heard that Dr. Rebecca Fishman, who completely residency at NUMC, is now one of the newest OMM faculty. She can definitely hook you up.

You can PM me.

I PMed you. Thanx.