PMR and comlex score

Started by MUDO16
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MUDO16

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What should I do. I am third yr osteopathic student interested in PMR. I am in the top 1/3 of my class and have 2 yrs of published research in gait studies. I passed the comlex with a score around the national average , but took the usmle and failed by a point. Should I retake the Usmle or is a waste of time since nearly all PMR programs accept comleX?
 
Retake the USMLE.

You are technically correct: since all PM&R programs accept COMLEX, you don’t need a USMLE score. However, having already taken USMLE, you will have to release your score to allopathic programs. Having an unresolved failure on your residency application does not look good.