• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

normalforce

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I want a residency program that emphasizes hand on procedures and is heavy in sports and spine. Any suggestions.

Normalforce

Stinky Tofu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2000
deependdining.blogspot.com
At SRH/Harvard, you have the opportunity to do a ton of electives as a PGY-4. Within the Harvard system, we have team physicians for the New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins. We don't actually get to go to the games, but we do get the opportunity to rotate with them. I also found out recently that we were named the Official Rehabilitation Hospital of the Patriots , but I'm not sure what that will translate into in terms of opportunities. As far as I know, we aren't really involved with the athletes at Harvard University.

As far as procedures go, I discussed the opportunities in the Mayo thread. Basically, I think you'd have a great opportunity to do a ton of procedures at SRH. I remember UTHSCSA also having a lot of opportunities as well, but I'm not sure about the Sports Medicine experience.

drvlad2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2001
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
UTHSCSA has tons of hands on procedures but the residents admit they don't have enough exposure to sports med. UPenn has a very good sports and spine programs with Drs. Chou and Slipman. I heard Emory has good sports and spine exposure.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.