PMR programs that emphasize procedures and sports med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

normalforce

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want a residency program that emphasizes hand on procedures and is heavy in sports and spine. Any suggestions.

Normalforce

Members don't see this ad.

At SRH/Harvard, you have the opportunity to do a ton of electives as a PGY-4. Within the Harvard system, we have team physicians for the New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins. We don't actually get to go to the games, but we do get the opportunity to rotate with them. I also found out recently that we were named the Official Rehabilitation Hospital of the Patriots , but I'm not sure what that will translate into in terms of opportunities. As far as I know, we aren't really involved with the athletes at Harvard University.

As far as procedures go, I discussed the opportunities in the Mayo thread. Basically, I think you'd have a great opportunity to do a ton of procedures at SRH. I remember UTHSCSA also having a lot of opportunities as well, but I'm not sure about the Sports Medicine experience.

UTHSCSA has tons of hands on procedures but the residents admit they don't have enough exposure to sports med. UPenn has a very good sports and spine programs with Drs. Chou and Slipman. I heard Emory has good sports and spine exposure.