pmr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cookiegrub

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am a current DO student and am in a bind. I got my step score and it was in the range of 225-228. My uwsa1 score 4 days before had me predicted for a 247 so I felt my test didn't have any of my strengths. I was always interested in neuro and so my career exploration went something like this: neuro-->ophtho-->ENT/oncology. I now know that ENT is out of question. I want to end up at a prestigious medical environment but also a great residency program. I started researching PMR early this spring when I heard about it and thought that being DO I might grasp it better. I did research at a top institute but it was not PMR. I am now a 3rd year and extremely anxious what to do with this step score. 1) it leaves me from pursuing my dream specialty. 2) I don't really know what to search next. I honestly don't even know why I was infatuated with ENT in the first place. With no research or leadership in this area, am I screwed?