-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pneumonic Website??
Started by mouseboy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mouseboy said:Hi
I remember one someone listing a website that has med school pneumonics on it. Does anyone happen to know what the site address is?
Thanks so much in advance
ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses.
all my Classics-babble aside...here's the link...www.medicalmnemonics.com 😀
subtle1epiphany said:ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses.![]()
all my Classics-babble aside...here's the link...www.medicalmnemonics.com 😀
oh man i was about to post almost that exact same responce

Then I thought...."no, I'd have to be a dick to do that right?......on the other hand its WAY too good to pass up....argh!!!"
Then I see that you posted it for me...well done, and thanks! 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that particular spelling error. But I think the goddess's name is spelled "Mnemosyne." At least, that's how I've seen it written. (I was obsessed with Greek mythology back in elementary school, and apparently those neurons haven't been sacrificed to Robbins Path, 7/ed yet. It also annoys me that we have streets here named after the muses, and EVERYONE mispronounces the names. 😡 )subtle1epiphany said:ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses.![]()
all my Classics-babble aside...here's the link...www.medicalmnemonics.com 😀
velocypedalist said:oh man i was about to post almost that exact same responce
Then I thought...."no, I'd have to be a dick to do that right?......on the other hand its WAY too good to pass up....argh!!!"
Then I see that you posted it for me...well done, and thanks! 👍
responSe
lane said:responSe![]()
really? damn that one always gets me. I actually wrote respose first and then changed it cause it looked wrong to me

This one really is about pneumonics 😀
http://www.geocities.com/sudarshan_pant/pneumonics.html
Oh what you can find with Google.
http://www.geocities.com/sudarshan_pant/pneumonics.html
Oh what you can find with Google.
I thought someone wanted a lung website. Samoa's right 😉 mnemosyne. Hence mnemonics. You have muse street names? COOL! I like calliope. Do you have terpsichore?! That would be so cool! Me: "I live on Terpsichore Lane." Mailman: WTF?
Yeah, we have Calliope, Terpsichore, and all the rest as well. Oh, and apparently we can neither pronounce NOR spell them correctly here, because one street is "Polymnia" rather than Polyhymnia. Every time I drive past that neighborhood, I think it's a shame that such a run-down area has such cool street names.
Samoa said:Yeah, we have Calliope, Terpsichore, and all the rest as well. Oh, and apparently we can neither pronounce NOR spell them correctly here, because one street is "Polymnia" rather than Polyhymnia. Every time I drive past that neighborhood, I think it's a shame that such a run-down area has such cool street names.
Yes, we also get robbed in that neighborhood. I stay about 10 blocks off Polymnia. 😛
My personal favorite is "Tchopitoulas" or whatever.
chameleonknight said:My personal favorite is "Tchopitoulas" or whatever.
Chipotle?
Tchoupitoulas, or just Chop for short. Actually, what I meant was it's a shame that an area with such cool street names is so run down...the way I wrote it looks like I meant "what a waste of cool street names" 

Ancient Greek didn't have the letter "y", so the "y"s we see in Greek words were actually spelled with "u", e.g. polu --> poly; Mnemosune --> Mnemosyne.
I clicked on this thread looking for info on pneumonia! Well, not really.
I clicked on this thread looking for info on pneumonia! Well, not really.
Samoa said:I'm so glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that particular spelling error. But I think the goddess's name is spelled "Mnemosyne." At least, that's how I've seen it written. (I was obsessed with Greek mythology back in elementary school, and apparently those neurons haven't been sacrificed to Robbins Path, 7/ed yet. It also annoys me that we have streets here named after the muses, and EVERYONE mispronounces the names. 😡 )
Cool. Thanks for the correction!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barry Otter said:Ancient Greek didn't have the letter "y", so the "y"s we see in Greek words were actually spelled with "u", e.g. polu --> poly; Mnemosune --> Mnemosyne.
Exactly! I was just going to post this as well.
Thanks for the support!
subtle1epiphany said:ummm...well first, they are mnemonics. "pneu-" has to do with air, "mne-" is memory as in Mnemosune the goddess of memory and mother of the Muses.![]()
all my Classics-babble aside...here's the link...www.medicalmnemonics.com 😀
hey, the link works. but i can't download it. does anyone know another site for it?
mouseboy said:Hi
I remember one someone listing a website that has med school pneumonics on it. Does anyone happen to know what the site address is?
Thanks so much in advance
Dont you mean pneumatic??
But seriously folks, we need to get the pneumonic website some antibiotics or something here pretty soon...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 699
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 2K