-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PO:IV Antibiotic Equivalency Chart
Started by caramel123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The only one that immediately comes to mind is Levaquin.
not Metronidazole? or Moxi? or Doxycycline? or Azithromycin?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not Metronidazole? or Moxi? or Doxycycline? or Azithromycin?
Agree. Also linezolid from what I've seen. I think Bactrim is pretty close too. We usually start them on an IV mg/kg dose based on the TMP component and then covert to the closest approximate PO dose using the DS tabs for discharge.
Agree. Also linezolid from what I've seen. I think Bactrim is pretty close too. We usually start them on an IV mg/kg dose based on the TMP component and then covert to the closest approximate PO dose using the DS tabs for discharge.
yup - I was just thinking of random abx at 3am when I was going to bed after a code. haha.
Clindamycin
Good luck trying to get a pt to stomach more than 300mg per dose...
Good luck trying to get a pt to stomach more than 300mg per dose...
I got an order for clindamycin 900mg po q6h one day... The doctor didn't think the GI issues would be that bad.
Z you're a dork. 🙂
Z you're a dork. 🙂
Oh...and don't you know... I took a detour in your area just to go eat at In-n-Out on Broadway last week.. somehow it just didn't taste as good..
Don't forget chloramphenicol!
Oh...and don't you know... I took a detour in your area just to go eat at In-n-Out on Broadway last week.. somehow it just didn't taste as good..
There's a better place on 4th. You should have PM'd me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't forget chloramphenicol!
You forgot Synercid and Colistin.
There's a better place on 4th. You should have PM'd me.
I was there exactly 23 hours and 50 minutes.. as I only had the rental car for a day.
You forgot Synercid and Colistin.
And Ancef. I'll never be a good pharmacist 🙁
And Ancef. I'll never be a good pharmacist 🙁
You should just drop out now.
I was there exactly 23 hours and 50 minutes.. as I only had the rental car for a day.
Yeah, lunch would have taken 2 hours max and I have a car.
good gosh you dudes are dorks