Technology PocketPC or Palm

Started by Phosphate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phosphate

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi would you recommend pocketPC or palm. Why?

And which models would you recommend?

Thanks
 
I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.
 
TruckGirl said:
I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.


Oh ok..

I heard that PPC platform "SMOKES" the palm one..?
I intend to use it for reference such as harrisons, pharmacology and some emergency med. I also want to use it for GPS and a media palyer..

Any thought on this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

I already have the Harrison's eBook, pharmacology stuff, and emergency med. I also have a GPS-friendly map for my city, but I think I have to buy some extra accessory to make the GPS work. There are several media players available. I'm not sure about PocketPC, but I think it's possible that PocketPC might be slightly better than Palm at things like a media player..etc.
 
TruckGirl said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

Actually meant, PPC is really much much better than palm.
 
OK, it doesn't show, but this is my baby covered, the Tungsten T3:

covertec.jpg


It's attention grabbing in red 🙂