TruckGirl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.

Phosphate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Australia mates!
Status
  1. Medical Student
TruckGirl said:
I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.

Oh ok..

I heard that PPC platform "SMOKES" the palm one..?
I intend to use it for reference such as harrisons, pharmacology and some emergency med. I also want to use it for GPS and a media palyer..

Any thought on this?

About the Ads

TruckGirl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

I already have the Harrison's eBook, pharmacology stuff, and emergency med. I also have a GPS-friendly map for my city, but I think I have to buy some extra accessory to make the GPS work. There are several media players available. I'm not sure about PocketPC, but I think it's possible that PocketPC might be slightly better than Palm at things like a media player..etc.

Phosphate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Australia mates!
Status
  1. Medical Student
TruckGirl said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

Actually meant, PPC is really much much better than palm.

TruckGirl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
OK, it doesn't show, but this is my baby covered, the Tungsten T3:

It's attention grabbing in red :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads