Technology PocketPC or Palm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phosphate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi would you recommend pocketPC or palm. Why?

And which models would you recommend?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.

TruckGirl said:
I haven't tried using a PocketPC, but my brother has one and it seems to be alright. If you're a medical student or doctor, I would recommend a Palm, because there's more medical software for it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T3, and I like it so far.

Oh ok..

I heard that PPC platform "SMOKES" the palm one..?
I intend to use it for reference such as harrisons, pharmacology and some emergency med. I also want to use it for GPS and a media palyer..

Any thought on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

I already have the Harrison's eBook, pharmacology stuff, and emergency med. I also have a GPS-friendly map for my city, but I think I have to buy some extra accessory to make the GPS work. There are several media players available. I'm not sure about PocketPC, but I think it's possible that PocketPC might be slightly better than Palm at things like a media player..etc.

TruckGirl said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "smokes"? But I think you're referring to an emulator. Yes, I think there are some of those available.

Actually meant, PPC is really much much better than palm.

Well, here you go. CNET's handheld buying guide:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-9580_7-5139854-1.html?tag=dir.hbg

I recommend you also start browsing their handheld reviews, by price or rating..etc. Study it for some time so you make the right decision. And as I already told you, there seems to be more medical software for Palm than PocketPC.

OK, it doesn't show, but this is my baby covered, the Tungsten T3:

covertec.jpg

It's attention grabbing in red :)