Pod Application Q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medical Bear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a pre med who is also considering podiatry and had a couple questions:

1.) I have a 3.6 gpa, is that competitive for pod schools? If you could give a GPA range to shoot for that'd be great.
2.) Is the process to applying to pod school the same as med school? Having to apply for a spot for the following year?
3.) When does application period start and end?
4.) Has anyone here applied to med and pod school at the same time? Is that allowed?

Any additional info would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll get in easily with 3.6 as well as scholarship. Everyone gets into podiatry school.

Yes, however podiatry window is open basically until class starts.

I applied late march and got into Aug. class. Apply earlier for more scholarship $$$.

Yes, it's fine. Just don't tell them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

1.) I have a 3.6 gpa, is that competitive for pod schools? If you could give a GPA range to shoot for that'd be great.
2.) Is the process to applying to pod school the same as med school? Having to apply for a spot for the following year?
4.) Has anyone here applied to med and pod school at the same time? Is that allowed?

1. You're more than good. 3.2-3.5 is usually the aim for podiatry schools but I have met people who had a low GPA (2.7-3.0) and still got in.

2. The process should be very similar but podiatry schools do not require secondary applications plus the fees (THANK GOD).

3. They usually start at August I believe and they end really late in the cycle (end of June- mid July).

4. I have applied for DO schools but not at the same time as podiatry. I applied for podiatry in September and got accepted in November. You could apply for both but podiatry is a profession that should NOT be as a backup. I REPEAT, not as a backup.

Reactions: 2 users

Here's the link to AACPMAS (the official app): Liaison International, Centralized Application Service Process of application is very similar to DO apps, as they use the same system for universal apps. (AMCAS uses an independent product.)

And your GPA is definitely competitive enough! And yes, you can apply to any of the medical school programs simultaneously.

Best of luck, and feel free to let me know if you have any q's as I applied this cycle, too, and just committed!