Pod Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dpmjeff77 said:

"Soleman" LMAO!!! :D

First I just wanted to apologize for not getting back to your PM! I'll catch up in a bit. Definately going to Temple and definately enrolling in the SARP program August 1st.

That being said, I read the article a while back and I surely hope that the federal government will see DPM's as physicians who provide "medical services." On a personal note... I have two sick grandmother's - one on mediCARE and the other on mediCAID. Both are russian immigrants. The sad fact is that while one (on Medicare) worked and then retired her benefits are not as good as my other grandmother who is on Medicaid. However, the one on medicaid was the one that needed a transmetatarsal amputation and the insurance company gladly took care of the bill. So I am led to wonder is this on a case by case basis? Ideally, I would like to see the two medical health plans merge in their degrees of offering medical benefits.

Sorry that my response was not "deeply stimulating" or controversial... but I just wanted to show my support for DPM's and I have no doubt that in the not so distant future there will be greater similiarities in the way DPMs are treated politically and socially with respect to MD's and DO's.

BTW- time to come up with a vanity plate idea of my own. ;)

Hey guys,

I think that it is a good thing that pods aren't part of medicaid. From a business standpoint it means jack. Pods are in a position that is unique in the medical professions in that they can charge what the market will bare for their services. If it is an issue to just be equal that is another story but who really cares. Pods know what they can do and that is what is important. From a healthcare standpoint I see that all patients would have better treatment. Just ask any physician if they are happy they are part of medicaid? The answer is NO. Later. Sorry this is so sloppy. I have a final to get to. Later