POLL: Applicants for 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where are you at with VMCAS

• Already Submitted VMCAS

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • It's all there, just doing some finishing touches

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Still need to complete one or two sections (evaluators, PS, etc)

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Still have a long way to go :(

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Pomona2006

UC Davis SVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fellow applicants -

We have less than a month until VMCAS is due - so where is everyone at in the process?

Members don't see this ad.

I have to finish my honors/awards and community service sections and retake the GRE again this Saturday.

Other than that, I wish I could get my letter writers to submit everything already, especially since I gave them soooo much time to do it! I'm starting to run out of ways to remind them how important it is to get it in before VMCAS dies right before the deadline!

SO glad I'm not doing this again this year! :D
:luck::luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost there...and then the waiting game truly begins!

I wasn't sure what to put because I have submitted, but my evaluators haven't all done that yet. I also have tons of supplementals to do.

I wasn't sure what to put because I have submitted, but my evaluators haven't all done that yet. I also have tons of supplementals to do.

Yes - 4 more dreaded supplementals left, all in various stages of being done. VMCAS itself is pretty much done - waiting on one evaluator. I didn't know you could submit before the evaluator sends in their LOR??? Is that true?

Yes - 4 more dreaded supplementals left, all in various stages of being done. VMCAS itself is pretty much done - waiting on one evaluator. I didn't know you could submit before the evaluator sends in their LOR??? Is that true?

Yup, you can submit but they won't be sent to your schools. I actually let the last evaluator know (in a nice way) that they were hanging up my app being sent to my schools. I don't think they realize that sometimes. She came thru a couple of days afterward.

Same here, just evaluators left...I hate leaving things in the hands of other people :rolleyes:

On a side note I can't believe this process (the applying part anyways) is almost over! :D

Well I was doing okay until I heard from the UK that it "may" take another 6-8 weeks for them to even send my transcript to W.E.S. for evaluation. I have been trying to get this done for two months so to hear that comment at this late stage kind of makes me freak out.

So I am officially having an application meltdown!:scared:

None of my UK courses are being used as prerequisites, and it looks like a couple schools will accept a grade report directly from the college, which I can probably get in on time. So I have emailed all the schools who said they wanted an evaluation, let them know there will be an unavoidable delay, offered a transcript directly from the college, and I guess I just have to hope for the best :luck: It sucks though. Big time.

Yup, you can submit but they won't be sent to your schools. I actually let the last evaluator know (in a nice way) that they were hanging up my app being sent to my schools. I don't think they realize that sometimes. She came thru a couple of days afterward.

I thought the deal was that all applications were sent at the same time after the October 2nd deadline?

Well I was doing okay until I heard from the UK that it "may" take another 6-8 weeks for them to even send my transcript to W.E.S. for evaluation. I have been trying to get this done for two months so to hear that comment at this late stage kind of makes me freak out.

So I am officially having an application meltdown!:scared:

Ugh. That's AWFUL. I'm soooo sorry Starlene. I had my own foriegn transcript meltdown and ended up having to pay like $500 to have them all made and sent via FedEx because the registrar at the study-abroad school LOST my info. :smack:

There's sooo many things I would do differently if I had to apply again. But lets hope that isn't an issue!!! :D

I thought the deal was that all applications were sent at the same time after the October 2nd deadline?

According to what I read on VMCAS's FAQ they start sending them out in shipments a few weeks before the deadline. I have a mailing date on my app as well. Could you imagine what it would do to their system if they got them all at once. Yikes! :eek: Talk about crash and burn!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm lucky, but the evaluators I picked provided me with letters of rec that were submitted within 1 week of the notice from VMCAS being sent to them (which was immediately after they agreed to write for me. In the past (for non-vet apps) I had an evaluator who would wait until the very last second to submit their LOR (insisting that the deadlines were for the students not the evaluators (hahaha!!!)

Right now everything's there for the VMCAS app for me - I just need to do some finishing touches (including some rearranging of the experiences section). I'm not sure if I'm the only one that is having difficulty finding an "order of importance" for awards and stuff. Grrr...

Otherwise, it's just supplementals...and I'm mostly done on those too (just need to proofread and stuff).

Keep it up guys...judging from the poll so far, we are in good shape!

This is pretty much all I've thought about for 3 years, and I still somehow am scrambling to finish it all. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I just found out today that I need to get transcripts from a community college where I took two classes as a high school junior, even though I never used those for college credit. I don't even remember the grades I got, so I have to wait until I get my copy to fill it in in VMCAS and submit...which is BAD b/c I probably wont get them until right before Oct. 2

And my personal statement is KILLING me!!!

Oh man, this is so miserable.

This is pretty much all I've thought about for 3 years, and I still somehow am scrambling to finish it all. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:laugh: Hahaha, me too.

And my personal statement is KILLING me!!!

The best advice that I find applicable in the same situation is too leave it alone for a day or two. Once you've had a chance to sleep on ideas and let your eyes/mind refresh you'll be able to make some progress.

Good luck!!

My PS is like 90% and that makes me happy. Supplemental apps with extra essays are starting to really be a pain though. :(

The really bad part is the realization that I am spending ~$800 just to send off applications to 5 schools. :( :(

Thanks rachroo....and David - I thought your personal statement was very solid. As another nontrad, I really liked your opening actually.

The repeating of the same information over and over on the supplementals is driving me crazy. That and the fact that VMCAS wants information "since high school". High School was over 20 years ago - what relevance is it that I worked at the Dairy Queen then? Plus, because I have so many years worth of crap, I keep remembering jobs/activities, etc. that I tack on to the end of sections so that the sections are not in order at all!

Ok, done whining now...

The repeating of the same information over and over on the supplementals is driving me crazy. That and the fact that VMCAS wants information "since high school". High School was over 20 years ago - what relevance is it that I worked at the Dairy Queen then? Plus, because I have so many years worth of crap, I keep remembering jobs/activities, etc. that I tack on to the end of sections so that the sections are not in order at all!

Ok, done whining now...

Amen, sister...but put everything you can remember down. I didn't last year (because I think along the same lines as you: what does it matter that I worked at Baskin-Robbins...?), and I'm wondering whether that cost me. If you put everything down & still don't get in, you'll be able to rule that out as a factor.

Just hit submit. Here's to 5 to 6 months of more waiting..... again.

^I don't think you need to put down part time jobs like Baskin Robbins or whatever. The instructions say not to list any employment if you don't have anything "relevent" to report... whatever that means! :)

Just hit "submit" myself!

Now for those last two supplementals and evaluations...

Philo!! I was thinking about you the other day! I sooo hope we both get in somewhere this time!! :D And you too, VeganChick!! Come ooonnn, Fall entrance 2009!!!

The supplementals are what's killing me. I thought I'd be home free after I submitted the VMCAS, boy was I wrong. I'm applying to 7 schools, and I figured out by the end of the process I'll have written about 15 essays!!!

I am completely burnt out when it comes to writing essays, and I still have many left to go. The more breaks I take the more I seem to burn out! Any advice from anyone?

My advice? Buck-up! You've got 90-trillion more essays to go! ;)
And we're all in that boat with you--I feel like I'm :beat:

Catnapper - that emoticon is priceless!!!

I feel like I haven't done anything compared to you guys. I just have VMRCVM's supplemental and VMCAS due on the 1st and 2nd respectively. I turned in the UPenn supplemental card and Wisconsin's online supplemental long ago.

I hope I am not missing any supplementals. Can anyone confirm? :scared:
The schools I am applying to are-
UPenn
U of I,
VMRCVM
Wisconsin
Michigan
Minnesota
Tufts