Poll for those who matched!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgm05031

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m very interested in Anesthesiology and would like to know what makes for a successful match. I think this thread will definitely help those who are applying in the near future. Just copy and paste. Thanks!

--Board Scores: (USMLE Step 1 and 2)
--AOA and class rank: (if known)
--Anything that helped your app: (ie: a phone call from your advisor to another program, big-wig letter of recs, MD/PhD, other degree, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

rgm05031 said:
I’m very interested in Anesthesiology and would like to know what makes for a successful match. I think this thread will definitely help those who are applying in the near future. Just copy and paste. Thanks!

--Reputation of medical school: (top 10, top 25, etc.)
--Research: (none, some, anesth with no publications, anesth publications)
--Honors in clerkships: (especially surgery and medicine)
--# of Anesth rotations:
--# of programs you applied to:
--# of interviews:
--Where you matched: (what # choice)
--Anything that helped your app: (ie: a phone call from your advisor to another program, big-wig letter of recs, MD/PhD, other degree, etc.)

you're kidding right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do the best you can, and do waht interests you, then you will get in.

rgm05031 said:

--Reputation of medical school: (top 10, top 25, etc.)
--Research: (none, some, anesth with no publications, anesth publications)
--Honors in clerkships: (especially surgery and medicine)
--# of Anesth rotations:
--# of programs you applied to:
--# of interviews:
--Where you matched: (what # choice)

want me to piss in a cup for you too?

--Board Scores: (USMLE Step 1 and 2) I: 270 II: 260
--AOA and class rank: (if known) : AOA , #1
--Reputation of medical school: (top 10, top 25, etc.): The Best Damn Medical School Period
--Research: (none, some, anesth with no publications, anesth publications) : Dr. Miller and I are co-authoring a book called How To Be A Pimp Using Kitchen Appliances
--Honors in clerkships: (especially surgery and medicine): Honored Vacation and Family Medicine
--# of Anesth rotations: 6
--# of programs you applied to: 1
--# of interviews: 8
--Where you matched: (what # choice): I cant see the future
--Anything that helped your app: (ie: a phone call from your advisor to another program, big-wig letter of recs, MD/PhD, other degree, etc.): Went to my interview and took off my pants. The rest was history.....

JUST APPLY!!!

Soon2BENT said:
Went to my interview and took off my pants. The rest was history.....

:laugh:

No need for me to study any more then if it's that simple! haha

we might as well post our ERAS application and Dean's letter to answer all your questions

:laugh:

Alright, now don't tear him/her up too badly. If I had the balls to ask for that information from the
class before ours I would have because it would have helped me target my applications a little
more. However, to the O.P., you have to understand that you're asking a bit much here. Perhaps
a better approach would have been:

"Where did you match and (if you would be so kind) share whatever you can about your stats
(board scores, rank, etc.)"

Though even that might not get the warmest reception. At this point since none of us know where
we matched yet, we're all still on pins and needles a bit. Cut us a little slack.

;)

Soon2BENT said:
--Board Scores: (USMLE Step 1 and 2) I: 270 II: 260
--AOA and class rank: (if known) : AOA , #1
--Reputation of medical school: (top 10, top 25, etc.): The Best Damn Medical School Period
--Research: (none, some, anesth with no publications, anesth publications) : Dr. Miller and I are co-authoring a book called How To Be A Pimp Using Kitchen Appliances
--Honors in clerkships: (especially surgery and medicine): Honored Vacation and Family Medicine
--# of Anesth rotations: 6
--# of programs you applied to: 1
--# of interviews: 8
--Where you matched: (what # choice): I cant see the future
--Anything that helped your app: (ie: a phone call from your advisor to another program, big-wig letter of recs, MD/PhD, other degree, etc.): Went to my interview and took off my pants. The rest was history.....

JUST APPLY!!!

You didn't really HONOR Family Medicine did you? Man this year was more competetive than I thought.

BubbleHead said:
You didn't really HONOR Family Medicine did you?

Hey I take offense to that :mad:

(j/k but that WAS the only one I honored as a 3rd year :p Dont be slammin on it!)

BuffaloMed said:
"Where did you match and (if you would be so kind) share whatever you can about your stats (board scores, rank, etc.)"

i would have said "post your cv here. thank you and have a nice day."

--Board Scores: average
--AOA and class rank: yeah right and average
--Anything that helped your app: kissing the program director's ass

hope this helps, son.