POLL: Reason For Holding On To Multiple Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skum Bagg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
feed me seymour, feed me!

Members don't see this ad.

i thought this was going to be a poll with multiple chhoices, but ok, i'll respond anyway

1. #1 reason: financial awards need to be evaluated

2. want to evaluate after attending second look weekends

3. significant other plays a major role in decison and need to totally discuss it with her/him before making a decision

4. want to analyze and compare programs, match lists, etc etc

5. have a conflict with start date of progam and need to work that out first

6. have personal / private reason why some school may no longer be feasible but need to fully evaluate that before eliminating it

7. To hog spots so other people cannot get them.

DISCLAIMER: This is not my opinion, but the opinion of many applicants on this forum, as seen often in posts throughout the interview season.

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:

Pardon Me, but isn't there a separate section set up for D.O. posters?

8. To piss off the whining

Skum Bagg said:
Pardon Me, but isn't there a separate section set up for D.O. posters?

You must be confused. The entire student doctor network was set up by DO students.....you are welcome.....

I was pre-allopathic when I was in college.

No need to reply......

OSUdoc08 said:
you're really out of line; anyone who really believes that does not have what it takes to become a physician.

Psycho Doctor said:
you're really out of line; anyone who really believes that does not have what it takes to become a physician.

It was actually kind of written in a sarcastic tone. I completely agree with you. However, if you'll look on the pre-med forums during winter, you will find many threads complaining about this very thing.

OSUdoc08 said:
It was actually kind of written in a sarcastic tone. I completely agree with you. However, if you'll look on the pre-med forums during winter, you will find many threads complaining about this very thing.
that's cool. also, i'm sure PD has seen the 489 threads on this topic already started this year. they're getting old.

OSUdoc08 said:
ok, my apologies, then :oops:

i should have noted the sarcasm, hey no one realizes when i'm sarcastic either

superdevil said:
that's cool. also, i'm sure PD has seen the 489 threads on this topic already started this year. they're getting old.

oh i guess i missed a few; i only saw 472 of them opps