Poll-- teeth whitening pre-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What cosmetic dental prep did you do prior to interviewing? Pls check all that apply.

• No cosmetic teeth prep performed prior to interview

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Teeth whitened professionally

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Teeth whitened at home

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Teeth cleaned professionally

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Teeth cleaned by self

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Strictly cosmetic dental proceedure performed (chip tooth repair, veneers applied, etc.)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Spent < $20 for whitening, cleaning or cosmetic enhancement

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • $20 < spent < $50 " "

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • $50 < spent < $100 " "

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • $100 < spent < $500 " "

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Spent > $500 " "

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't think to have my teeth repaired, cleaned or whitened prior to interview

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Don't think cosmetic condition of applicants teeth matters for interview

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Waiting until after matriculating into dental school to have expensive cosmetic or any dental work s

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters

akathisia

gait plagerist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just curious how many of you had your teeth cleaned or whitened prioir to your interview(s)?

Members don't see this ad.

Only 20 people have responded?!? You got to be kidding me! I know there have to be more than 20 SDNers out there interested in knowing ?if? or ?how? people prepped their teeth prior to interviewing!?

It might seem silly to many of you but I?m quite curious about human behavior such as this. I?m very curious to see the end results of this poll and I would like to follow this one with another along similar lines that I believe has the potential to offer some limited, but possibly useful info for future ?interview prepping pre-dents?. Ultimately it would be nice to have a sample size > 100. Please, if you have a second, fill this baby out.

Fun? Fun ?. Fun ?. For Everyone!!!

Thanks

Getting there.... not finished yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Crest Whitestrips before my interview. About four days before I used two per day until they made my teeth ache. It made me feel more confident. (I often use them, but no other form of whitening.) I drink too much coffee so it helps a little.

Jessica

I used NightEffect.... and it did the job.

Honestly...if it makes you feel more confident in the interview, go for it...but let me tell you some of my classmates have horrible teeth, oral hygiene, etc...

white strips here...i saw some nasty teeth at my interviews (by the interviewers) so i wouldn't worry too much about this.

Originally posted by booshwa
Honestly...if it makes you feel more confident in the interview, go for it...but let me tell you some of my classmates have horrible teeth, oral hygiene, etc...

Horrible teeth (as far as staining) is fine, but they STILL have horrible hygiene? That's unexcusable.

Crest Whitestrips SUPREME!!!

"14.44%" of respondants "Don't think cosmetic condition of applicants teeth matters for interview."

I find this surprising.