Poll - The hardest section on PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mouat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which section on PCAT is the hardest or most challenging for you?

Personally speaking, I find reading comprehension the most challenging.

Members don't see this ad.

Same here! The passages were super long, and I didn't feel as confident in my answers as I did with the practice tests.

Definitely quantitative.

Not only was it harder than the practice PCAT questions on Pearson's website, but the amount of time given us so little that I had only 2 minutes left with 8 questions skipped.

Thankfully I got a 93 on math but doesn't defeat the fact that it was very, very challenging.

Definitely RC for me. I felt like nothing prepared me for the difficulty of the actual RC section...

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought reading comp and quant were both difficult. I was flustered because I didn't finish the reading in time and then it switched right to the quant. No time breathe!!!

still got a 79% comp though.

I thought reading comp and quant were both difficult. I was flustered because I didn't finish the reading in time and then it switched right to the quant. No time breathe!!!

still got a 79% comp though.

i felt defeated after reading so obviously ego took a big hit coming into math section. ended up with a 41% in reading but 85% in math. woooo!

Definitely Quan. Its damn near impossible to do all those calculations on that amount of time. Reading was a close second but if you take your time and think about what the reading questions are asking you, you can do well.

RC - The passages are too long and extremely boring for me to keep my focus. My problem is that I cannot keep my focus on topics that are extremely dry and boring (politics, psychiatry, boring research, etc.). The ticking clock adds more pressure forcing to me pick answers without fully thinking things through.