Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, how come I don't see mail order, compounding or long-term care on here?
OP must be an idiot
I don't think I can edit the poll
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, how come I don't see mail order, compounding or long-term care on here?
It means that it will not make you eligible for those jobs typically held by US PharmDs/ licensed pharmacists and will not, therefore, add much more to your qualifications than any other degree would. Given that you have no relevant experience, your best shot is using your science degree. For other positions you will very likely be outcompeted - by people with PharmDs as well as without, depending on the position. Of course, it will not hurt - but it doesn't add much.Because all the US pharmacy degrees are Pharm.Ds these days and that I will be outcompeted by the American graduates?
What pharmacy practice is not clinical?
clinical not sure what but definitely get done with PGY1

It means that it will not make you eligible for those jobs typically held by US PharmDs/ licensed pharmacists and will not, therefore, add much more to your qualifications than any other degree would. Given that you have no relevant experience, your best shot is using your science degree. For other positions you will very likely be outcompeted - by people with PharmDs as well as without, depending on the position. Of course, it will not hurt - but it doesn't add much.
It definitely seems that SDN's sampling of pharm folks is much more of an esoteric bunch than the general population of folks in the field.
retail now but strongly considering the navy after i drop some weight.
A buddy of mine is a nuke pharmacist for the navy, he loves it.
Nuc vs. radiopharm?
Nuc vs. radiopharm?
I'm looking at research, pharmacotherapy, or Nutrition Support.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.