Oh no. Having been a TAx MAnager and hiring people I will tell you that what you have done in your like is meaningless if you cannot carry on a solid conversation and communicate.
Thus, if you shadow a dentist for 3 years and he happens to be your father, you may still not get into a dental school if you go into your interview extremely nervous and cannot communicate your desires and show that you can effectively carry on a conversation.
I really disagree here !
For example, I have interviewed several people that just sat in front of me like logs. They didnt get hired eventhough they had great grades in college.
Maybe they were nervous, but what kind of value would they have brought my firm. A firm where constant client contact is a must!
I think they are sizing you up to see how you would communicate with patients, peers, professors, etc.
I would take a communication class before I would shadow a dentist and watch procedures for hours that I had no clue what was going on. I mean we have all shadowed dentists anyway right?
Ever have a cavity or get your teeth cleaned ?????????????