Dec 2, 2009
Status
If you scored 250+ on your step 1, take step 2 after you match and score a 220-230, does your program do anything about it? Will your PD call you and b^&ch you out?

sore eye asses

7+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
If you scored 250+ on your step 1, take step 2 after you match and score a 220-230, does your program do anything about it? Will your PD call you and b^&ch you out?
Your new PD will personally bake you a cake with "227" scrawled across in frosting. In most cases, you will also get a pony.

I too am interested to hear how this one turns out. If you get a Palomino, be sure to name it "Lil' Betsy," even if it's a guy.

asmallchild

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I highly doubt it.

This would be a more interesting question if God forbid somebody failed their Step 2. (although even then, I'd think the answer would simply be to retake Step 2 and sweep the whole sordid affair under the rug)

reno911

7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
No one in your program will ever know or care. Don't worry about it.

DermViser

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1. The Match is over (thus both updating of ERAS - including scores is also over)

2. You've already matched - why would your PD call to b^&ch you out? There is nothing he/she can do about it as you matching there is a contract that neither of you can back out of! It wouldn't make any sense.

3. Your PD will be MUCH more concerned that you pass the Derm in-service exams and eventually boards.

Chemiosmotic

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2008
Status
To extrapolate another step, what about failing the Step 2 CS. I know a lot of people who have only recently taken it and not found out their scores (myself included). Although I feel confident that I passed, there are a buncha stupid reasons to fail the CS (forget to wash your hands, forget to re-tie a patient's gown, etc).

So, considering that rescheduling the Step 2 CS requires about 6 months of time, what would happen then?

werd

15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
no.

regarding the failing step 2 cs question, the bigger problem is that you often can't graduate med school without having passed it (varies by school). your derm program probably won't care, but the program coordinator/assistant may bug you to make sure you get thing set up quickly and pass next time.