Poorly timed requests from lower-classmates

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by ryanbeckworth, Mar 17, 2004.

1. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

Not trying to be mean, but there's something a little wrong when third-years trying to get an idea about something's competitiveness start in with questions about match results when those of us actually going through the process are still in the dark.

You'll have plenty of time to find this out. Right now, allow those of us dealing with the stress to talk amongst ourselves without people poking their heads in to ask "How many didn't fill this year in 'x.'?"

PS I matched but am very concerned, as most others, with where I'll be for the next four years of my life.

2. Seaglass

Seaglass Quantum Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm matching this year and let me be the first to say:

Dude. Chill out.

They're just as excited as we are and there are plenty of other people to answer their questions here besides you, if you are too inconvenienced at this stressful time of your life. If their posts bother you, ignore them. Some of us like to be helpful. AFAIK there is no "Matching this year - Class of 2004 ONLY" forum.

C

3. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

Somehow it seems gauche to ask these ?s right now, but as you demonstrated, there's always someone willing to drop the bar a bit.

Regardless, as with all the other people here, I hope your match results are pleasing.

PS "They're just as excited as we are"

You sure about that?

LOL

4. scoobydum

scoobydum Member
    10+ Year Member

Speaking of gauche, you shouldn't really talk! Regarding having to wait for match results because of people unfortunate enough to scramble, the above poster had this to say:

Originally posted by ryanbeckworth
    go to the dean's office to see who's holding me up. Gotta get something out of this wait!

I guess the bar HAS been dropped--and not by cg1155!!!

5. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

ScoobyDUMB, but I digress...

6. doc_strange2001

doc_strange2001 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh: Hold it togeather bro, only a few more hours

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

LOL

Good luck with your match, guys

8. huktonfonix

huktonfonix board certified!
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Its St. Patricks Day, what should I do tonight....maybe I'll worry about the match.......or maybe I'll drink myself into a stupor with green beer and Black and Tans! we can't do anything about it so yall gotta quit your whining and chill.

"Hold my drink.....I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...