Popular AAMC Bio Topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing most of the AAMC tests 3-9, I have noticed that topics such as the kidney and cell differentiation are on every test. Would I be ignorant to assume that the demons who write the MCAT are trying to be semi-considerate and hint that we should understand these topics more so than the others, or is this an evil trick to only release tests with the same theme as to give us a false sense of security, since they would never put the same thing on the real MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I've thought of the same thing before, not just in bio, but all sections. I'm not sure if anyone has the answer. We would need someone straight form the AAMC source itself. I hope we can get some responses from people who have previously taken the mcat.

Adding to the list I noticed 3 questions in AAMC 3-9 on Chance Mutation. Not that you should blindly choose the answer with the word Chance Mutation but if you see a mutation question with that as one of the choices give it a little more thought before crossing it out.

mnmsuccess said:
Adding to the list I noticed 3 questions in AAMC 3-9 on Chance Mutation. Not that you should blindly choose the answer with the word Chance Mutation but if you see a mutation question with that as one of the choices give it a little more thought before crossing it out.

I don't think my MCAT in April covered the same topics like AAMC 3-9. If anything, there was just a stronger focus on genetics, and fewer orgo passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
the test in April was so random - based a lot on random experiments than physiology and anatomy that makes up a bulk of the kaplan review material. you'll need to be good at understanding experiments, controls and their results

Argh, I HATE the nephron so much, hated it in class and hate it now. I am really hoping for more lovely genetics hehe.

Physiology, especially endocrine all over the place would make my day....