Popular Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marquette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread should be used for popular common questions that occur on the DAT.

Now I know there is the cheetah question with the answer about population equilibrium and one about sea urchins (to prevent polyspermy).

Does anyone else remember questions seen on the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember one:

What happens to people who cheat?

I don't remember the answer though.

Not cool "obvious guy"....
This forum is made for people to share information about the DAT, it is the ADA's responsibility to change the questions on the DAT, not ours. You and I both know that there is nothing wrong with asking that question.

Know hardy weinberg well, the two times I wrote the DAT, it was on there. They'll probably ask about complementary base pairing as well. The last time I wrote it, the bio portion was heavy on genetics, I'm not sure how much that helps you guys. Knowing random facts is useful as well as I got one question about the devel. of sperm. Studying protein structure might be of some use.... that's all I can remember. Oh, I also got a question on Lamarckian and Darwinian theories. I wouldn't worry too much about evolution and ecology... cuz biochemistry (esp. metabolism), genetics and physiology (kidney function anyone?) are probably more important.

Lastly, I don't see what's wrong about asking questions such as these... it's technically way worse to study using the ADA's mock test because those questions are ACTUAL test questions yet the ADA has their sample test available to everyone online. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe u can do a search in this forum, u might have the luck find lots more~

Orthodox Bear said:
Not cool "obvious guy"....
This forum is made for people to share information about the DAT, it is the ADA's responsibility to change the questions on the DAT, not ours. You and I both know that there is nothing wrong with asking that question.

I know why you said this:

Orthodox Bear
GPA= 3.95
Taking DATs in August
Applying to NYU, Stony Brook, UMDNJ, Columbia, PENN, and Maryland

:eek:

prez_al said:
Lastly, I don't see what's wrong about asking questions such as these... it's technically way worse to study using the ADA's mock test because those questions are ACTUAL test questions yet the ADA has their sample test available to everyone online. Good Luck!

Is the ADA sample test the same on thats in the green book they send you? I know there was a thread about where to find this test online, anyone know where I can find it? I cant seem to even find the search button to do a search... yikes..

Indie said:
Is the ADA sample test the same on thats in the green book they send you? I know there was a thread about where to find this test online, anyone know where I can find it? I cant seem to even find the search button to do a search... yikes..

www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_candidate_sampletest.pdf

Here's the link to the ada sample test. It is rather easy, unfortunately. But good practice anyways!

Indie said:

The cheetah question that I had said the cheetah population now had low allele diversity and it could of resulted from what?
I thought genetic drift=ie the bottleneck theory.

obvious guy, by copying and pasting my 3.95 GPA, were implying that I was smarter than you or were you implying that I'm taking the DAT soon??? its hard to tell. Either way, I'm an ace student and will rock the DATs no matter what, but I dont see any moral deficiency in reporting back on the DAT questions.

what is the answer to the cheetah population question, genetic equilibrium/hardy-weinberg or is it genetic drift/ bottleneck effect?

Orthodox Bear said:
obvious guy, by copying and pasting my 3.95 GPA, were implying that I was smarter than you or were you implying that I'm taking the DAT soon??? its hard to tell. Either way, I'm an ace student and will rock the DATs no matter what, but I dont see any moral deficiency in reporting back on the DAT questions.

According to the ADA:

You will maintain the confidentiality of the examination. You will not reproduce or attempt to reproduce examination materials through memorization, recording or other means. You will not provide information relating to examination content that may provide unfair advantage to other examinees, including electronic posting of information regarding examination content or answers.

It's also against SDN's Terms of Service policy and past threads discussing problems on the DAT have been closed. I think the moderators are pretty lenient in allowing this to happen but you're not supposed to do it.

tinman831 said:
According to the ADA:

You will maintain the confidentiality of the examination. You will not reproduce or attempt to reproduce examination materials through memorization, recording or other means. You will not provide information relating to examination content that may provide unfair advantage to other examinees, including electronic posting of information regarding examination content or answers.

It's also against SDN's Terms of Service policy and past threads discussing problems on the DAT have been closed. I think the moderators are pretty lenient in allowing this to happen but you're not supposed to do it.

omgosh tinman how come you know everything?!!

one of the reading passages in dat achiever is an exact copy of the stock market passage in the real dat. can they do that?

Orthodox Bear said:

Let me explain it for you ACE :laugh:

You're view is that people who remember questions from the DAT should post them in this forum. The reason is because you are taking the DAT soon (hence the bolded "taking Dat in August".

The reason you told me to shove off was because you want to see probable questions YOU may be asked when you take the DAT. I copied your whole signature so people who ARE NOT ACES could see where I got my information from.

Cliffs notes: You want to cheat. tinman831 also summed it up quite nicely.