population health document ASHP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is just a document from ASHP on the population health model
FAQ: Getting started with population health management. March 2021.
It is a general framework for initiating or expanding population health management services. ASHP 2030 PAI. It has reimbursement models, quality measures (metrics for reimbursement). It has TEAM based care roles (everyone in healthcare has a change happening in their role with healthcare reform). Something of interest to me is page 9 mid bottom of page that lists "Optional vs. required participation". I do not like what that example states "if you choose not to participate in the program your benefits will be reduced drastically to 30% coverage from enhanced 90% coverage." I know that there are a lot of problems with the current healthcare system but that does not mean that I agree with these new practice model. Healthcare is a business and businesses like to make money. It has become profit over patient as I have seen many others quote. I joined the form several years ago for some practice calculations. I like the forum today because it can keep you up to date with many of the things happening in these new times as well as some fun postings as well. I posted it just in case anyone was interested because I found it interesting. When I was a younger person I used to think that medication was important because of what I was taught in nursing school before I went to pharmacy school and I went into healthcare for good intentions and to do what is right for patients. I think I have become wiser over time (and there are many older and wiser posters than I on this forum). Over times I started to realize that many of these chronic disease states are acquired from our fast pace lifestyle these days and convenience of this food place on this corner or this boxed food product in the center isle of the grocery store. Chronic disease is really a disease of lifestyle for most people but not all. I really do not want to give medications to patients for chronic disease I want to prescribe a lot of vegetables! Medications just mask the underlying diseases caused by the lifestyle. But selling medications is business that brings profits and follow up appointments and a lot of industries make a lot of profits on this model. It seems that this new healthcare practice model is happening on a global level based on some readings. Things have changes so much over the years and they will continue to change. I know when my husband started as a pharmacist his pay was a little over 7 dollars a hour (he worked through what is called the golden years on here). When I was a new nurse we did medication reconciliation and it was not the big mess back then as it is now. We had paper charts would have the patient bring in the medications and write them on a order sheet. When I started as a pharmacist, the pharmacist entered the orders from a faxed paper. A pharmacist I know talked about using the type writer to fill prescriptions (so fun to hear these stories)! Really over time I see more medical assistants, pharmacy technicians, LPNs doing more of the roles that other healthcare workers have done in the past. It is really not that hard to follow a chart showing patient meets this criteria increase this medication dose or kidney function is this adjust this antibiotic based on this criteria. I do think that this is several years out but I do think this will happen over time seeing that other countries are already doing this. If they can do these skills why would it not happen here in the USA? I was just sharing the document because I found in interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is interesting to.

Preparing for the next generation pharmacists​

Pharm Pract (Granada). 2020 Apr-Jun; 18(2): 1988.
Published online 2020 Jun 1. doi: 10.18549/PharmPract.2020.2.1988
This is a sentence from the article "Providing care in a nontraditional setting (a barbershop) is another approach that was culturally relevant and can be successful in improving health outcomes."

It is just a document from ASHP on the population health model
FAQ: Getting started with population health management. March 2021.
It is a general framework for initiating or expanding population health management services. ASHP 2030 PAI. It has reimbursement models, quality measures (metrics for reimbursement). It has TEAM based care roles (everyone in healthcare has a change happening in their role with healthcare reform). Something of interest to me is page 9 mid bottom of page that lists "Optional vs. required participation". I do not like what that example states "if you choose not to participate in the program your benefits will be reduced drastically to 30% coverage from enhanced 90% coverage." I know that there are a lot of problems with the current healthcare system but that does not mean that I agree with these new practice model. Healthcare is a business and businesses like to make money. It has become profit over patient as I have seen many others quote. I joined the form several years ago for some practice calculations. I like the forum today because it can keep you up to date with many of the things happening in these new times as well as some fun postings as well. I posted it just in case anyone was interested because I found it interesting. When I was a younger person I used to think that medication was important because of what I was taught in nursing school before I went to pharmacy school and I went into healthcare for good intentions and to do what is right for patients. I think I have become wiser over time (and there are many older and wiser posters than I on this forum). Over times I started to realize that many of these chronic disease states are acquired from our fast pace lifestyle these days and convenience of this food place on this corner or this boxed food product in the center isle of the grocery store. Chronic disease is really a disease of lifestyle for most people but not all. I really do not want to give medications to patients for chronic disease I want to prescribe a lot of vegetables! Medications just mask the underlying diseases caused by the lifestyle. But selling medications is business that brings profits and follow up appointments and a lot of industries make a lot of profits on this model. It seems that this new healthcare practice model is happening on a global level based on some readings. Things have changes so much over the years and they will continue to change. I know when my husband started as a pharmacist his pay was a little over 7 dollars a hour (he worked through what is called the golden years on here). When I was a new nurse we did medication reconciliation and it was not the big mess back then as it is now. We had paper charts would have the patient bring in the medications and write them on a order sheet. When I started as a pharmacist, the pharmacist entered the orders from a faxed paper. A pharmacist I know talked about using the type writer to fill prescriptions (so fun to hear these stories)! Really over time I see more medical assistants, pharmacy technicians, LPNs doing more of the roles that other healthcare workers have done in the past. It is really not that hard to follow a chart showing patient meets this criteria increase this medication dose or kidney function is this adjust this antibiotic based on this criteria. I do think that this is several years out but I do think this will happen over time seeing that other countries are already doing this. If they can do these skills why would it not happen here in the USA? I was just sharing the document because I found in interesting.
Use paragraphs. Too much to read. What is your point?